If a student’s Bennington-approved academic plan includes work off campus applied toward the Bennington baccalaureate degree, financial aid for the term away may be processed by Bennington’s Financial Aid Office. A student enrolling as a visiting student at another institution (in or outside the U.S.) may receive a Stafford Loan and some federal and state grant funds, though no Bennington funding is available for his/her time off campus. The student should, in the term before departure, work with the Financial Aid Office to make arrangements for receipt of those aid funds.

To cover administrative costs, a transcript evaluation fee is charged per term to returning Bennington students who request transfer of the credits earned elsewhere.