Senior Retreat will take place Saturday, February 15, in the evening, through Monday, February 17, 1:00 pm. From Thread to alumni-galore, to yoga, to employer insights, to reflection, to speed-dating with data about life after Bennington, there’s something for everyone. We look forward to seeing all those who sent a RSVP. Registered seniors can check in at the FWT & Student Life Office between noon and 5:00 pm on Saturday, February 15. Please check out the schedule for more details or call us at 802-440-4321 with any questions.
Senior Class Gift Dessert Meeting
On Sunday, February 16, at 6:45 pm, we will be holding a Senior Class Gift meeting with dessert that you won’t want to miss. Watch for more details in your inbox.
This year the FWT and Career Development Office in partnership with Academic Advising and Alumni Relations will be hosting a series of spring programming just for seniors. Sessions will be held 12:45–1:45pm on the following dates (locations TBD), so please mark your calendars:
- Fulbright Fellowships: Thursday, March 20
- Networking and Informational Interviewing: Monday, March 24
- Interviewing and Negotiating Your Salary: Tuesday, April 1
- Grant Seeking and Proposal Writing: Thursday, April 3
- Questions about Grad School: Wednesday, April 16
- LinkedIn Profiles and Alumni Connections: Monday, April 21
- Understanding Health Insurance and Benefits: Tuesday, April 29
- Paying Back Student Loans: Wednesday, May 7
- Budgeting for Life After Bennington: Thursday, May 15
Krista Raven or Nancy Mitton will be contacting you via your Bennington email accounts regarding Commencement. Commencement Weekend details are not yet finalized, but will take place May 30–31. Friday’s events will include a senior dance performance, graduation concert, and the senior art exhibition in Usdan Gallery. The Commencement Dinner will begin at 6:00. The dinner includes addresses by the senior class speaker, Maria Jacobson, and the commencement speaker (TBD). The senior party will take place at 9:00 the same evening. The conferring of degrees will be held on Saturday morning at 10:00 am. If your family has not booked rooms for Commencement Weekend, they should do so soon, as this time of year is a busy one for local hotels. The Dean’s Office will be sending out Intent to Graduate forms to seniors graduating in June. All other commencement-related information will come from Nancy Mitton in the Office of Communications.