Ordering Course Materials for Fall Term
Course materials and textbooks for your fall courses will be visible in Bennington College’s academic information system, Populi. Once you’ve been registered for your courses, you’ll be able to see the course materials on each course’s “Info” page within Populi—just click on the name of the course in your schedule, and make sure you’re on the “Info” tab. Students are encouraged to review these pages, and to order all required course materials from a vendor of their choosing, well before the term begins. Although a limited number of books will be available for each class in the on-campus bookstore, these are primarily intended to facilitate the add/drop process.
College housing will reopen for the fall term at noon on Sunday, August 28. If you are required (for on-campus employment) to arrive earlier you must secure advanced permission from Student Life. Any student who arrives prior to opening without advance permission from the Office of Student Life will be charged $100 per night.
Students who need housing accommodations prior to their arrival date for extenuating circumstances should contact the Office of Student Life. If your request is granted, there is a charge per night for early arrivals. Please plan your travel accordingly.
Important Dates for Fall 2015
- Saturday-Monday, August 20-22: New international students arrive
- Monday, August 22: Students attending Pre-Orientation arrive
- Friday, August 26: New and transfer students arrive
- Sunday, August 28: Houses open for returning students at noon
- Monday, August 29: Registration
- Monday, August 29: Convocation
- Tuesday, August 30: Classes begin
- Refer to the Academic Calendar for other important dates
Albany to Bennington Transportation
Please refer to the extended shuttle schedule for beginning of term.