Your campus email address is the primary way we communicate with you, so please check it often.


Where Should I Bring My...

  • Used books: Bring your used books to the Bookstore for buy-backs from Monday, May 30–Friday, June 3, 1:00 pm–4:15 pm.
  • Library items: Return or renew all Crossett and Jennings Library materials by Thursday, June 2. But don’t forget, returning students are encouraged to borrow items over the summer months. These are due back on Friday, September 2.
  • Telephone: If you have telephone service, it will be disconnected and your voicemail account will be deleted on Monday, May 30. Leave the telephone in your room in good condition.
  • Trash: Put all trash in plastic bags before bringing it to a dumpster. Dumpsters will be at the end of First Street between Stokes and Franklin, at the end of Second Street between Bingham and Welling, in the driveway on the backside of Sawtell, and in the roadway outside of Paris-Borden. Free piles are not permitted in any of the houses. If you leave items in common areas over the last week of term it will be considered trash, and it will be removed to ensure that common areas remain clean. Houses will be charged for removal of excess trash.
  • Donations: Student representatives from the Bennington Environmental Action Group will be visiting each house's Coffee Hour on May 15, 22, and 29, to collect clothing, books, and other usable items for donation to Goodwill and the incoming students of next year's class. If you are able to get off campus, there are several locations that accept donations. The Bennington County Coalition for the Homeless, located at 250 North Street in Bennington, accepts donations of household items in good condition, any clothing (no undergarments), bedding, jackets, and nonperishable food items. Second Chance Animal Shelter in Shaftsbury accepts cleaning supplies, towels, toys, and other items (their wishlist). In Bennington, the Goodwill is located on North Street—both accept donations at their back entrances.
  • Sports equipment: All checked-out sports and recreation equipment must be returned by Tuesday, May 31. You will be billed for any lost or damaged equipment that has not been returned by this date.
  • Dishes, silverware, etc.: Return all Dining Hall items to the Dining Hall. If you need assistance, contact Dining Services (x4436) by 2:00 pm on Wednesday, June 1, to make an appointment. Any items that have not been returned will be charged to the house.

Where Will My Mail Go?

  • Regular mail: Over the summer, all first-class mail sent to the College will be forwarded to your home address. The turnaround time for mail-forwarding can be up to a week, so you should contact any organization that generates bills and have those time-sensitive materials forwarded to your summer or home address directly. Packages, Netflix discs, magazines, and other mail of this nature will not be forwarded unless you leave money at the Post Office before leaving campus to cover these costs. Note: If you are staying on campus or in the Bennington area for the summer, you may have a campus mailbox in Commons—stop by the Post Office to put your name on the list.
  • Big packages: If you wish to ship items weighing more than 30 pounds at the end of term, you should contact the Shipping and Receiving Department (located in the Maintenance building) Monday–Friday between the hours of 8:00 am–3:00 pm. You are responsible for obtaining your own boxes and packing them. Boxes will be weighed and measured to determine the exact cost, and payment must be provided in full and paid in cash only before a request for pick up is made. The College ships through UPS, which can only accept packages weighing less than 150 pounds and measuring less than 130 inches in total area. For additional information, contact Buildings and Grounds (x4584).