Congratulations, Class of 2014!
Please make a note of the following
important dates and details regarding your upcoming Commencement
Weekend, May 30–31, 2014.
- Wednesday, April 30 | Deadline to order cap and gown. A cap and gown are not required to participate in the graduation ceremony, but they can be ordered for you if you would like them at no additional cost.
- Sunday, May 11 | Deadline to order Commencement Dinner tickets. Each student may order four tickets; the student receives an additional ticket for a total of five. Do not order a ticket for the graduating student.
- Wednesday, May 28 | Commencement Rehearsal at 6:00 pm in Barn 100, followed by Senior Reception at 7:00 pm on Petrie Terrace. All graduating students planning to walk in the Graduation Ceremony on Saturday, May 31, are requested to attend the Graduation Rehearsal if possible (It is helpful, but not crucial to attend). Caps and gowns (for those who order them) will be distributed at this time.
- Friday, May 30 | Commencement celebrations begin with at 5:00 pm on Commons Lawn with a light reception with classmates, families, and faculty followed at 6:00 pm by a buffet dinner with classmates, families, and faculty (wine will be available for purchase). At 7:00 pm the senior speaker and commencement speaker will address the graduates.
- The Senior Party will take place at 9:00 pm at the Student Center. All graduating students and their families are welcome.
- Saturday, May 31 | Conferring of Degrees at 10:00 am, sharp, Commons Lawn (inclement weather location: under the tent on Commons Lawn).
Other Important Information
Please begin planning for Commencement Weekend as soon as possible. Encourage family and friends to make hotel reservations early as area hotels fill up quickly. Please refer friends and family to the Visit Campus section of our website for additional information about local accommodations, driving directions, and more.
While the College appreciates the special nature of the owner-pet relationship, it also recognizes that animals have the potential to impose on the safety, health, personal well-being, and comfort of College residents, guests, and employees. With the exception of assistance animals, the College prohibits any person from bringing pets on campus.
If you have any questions about Commencement Weekend, please contact Nancy Mitton in the Office of Communications at 802-440-4347.
We look forward to spending a memorable Commencement Weekend with you!