Ride-sharing system from Albany
The Office of Student Life will again provide shuttle service from/to the Albany airport, train, and bus station. Reservations, including payment, for this service are due by December 22 for incoming shuttles on January 8 and by January 12 for outgoing shuttles on January 18 and 19. Checks must be received by the reservation deadline. Cancellations made after the
deadline are nonrefundable. To add funds to your Bennington Card, click here (you will need your five-digit
student ID number).
Reservations and shuttle schedules
Please use these pickup times to coordinate your arrival in Albany in order to avoid longer
waiting times. To make a reservation, use the Reservation Form, or email your requests to the Office of Student Life and include the following information:
- Details of your itinerary, including carrier and #, and arrival and
- A cellphone number where you can be reached on the day(s) of travel.
- How you want to pay the shuttle fee ($35 one-way; payable by check or Bennington Card).
- The number of bags you will have.
Campus departure from flagpole
Train Station (arrivals meet in the lobby in front of the post
Bus Station (arrivals meet in the lobby by the restaurant)
Airport (arrivals meet at the bottom of escalator before baggage
To Bennington College from Albany
Thursday, January 8 (registration begins at noon)
To Albany from Bennington College
Note: If you are departing from Albany International Airport, they request that you arrive at least 90 minutes prior to your scheduled
departure time. Please do not use this shuttle service if your flight departure time is fewer than 90 minutes after the shuttle arrival time at the
Sunday, January 18 (last day of program)
Monday, January 19
Coordinating your own ride
If you need or prefer to coordinate a ride yourself (using the student directory, which will be included in the workshop-packet mailing to contact other students), OR if you are coming in early or late and need a way to get to Bennington, please contact:
- AJ Private Transportation, 802-442-7129—approximate cost $100.00
- Capitaland Taxi, 518-453-8888 (from the airport)
- Carmen's Car Service, 802-442-6050
- Global Link Travel, 802-442-8400 (now accepting credit and debit cards)
- Green Flyer Taxi, 518-956-0332—approximate cost $70.00
- KT Transportation, 518-728-5030—approximate cost $70.00 for up to two passengers
- Upstate Green Cab, 518-956-0332—approximate cost $70.00; $10 for an additional passenger
- Yellow Cab, 518-434-2222 (from the bus or train station)—approximate cost $100.00
The cost of a one-way trip from Albany is about $70.00 to $100.00, excluding gratuity (check details when you call). If the pooling effort works out you might be able to split the cost two or three ways. Confirm the cost of the trip when you make the reservation.
- Vermont TransLines (Albany/Bennington/Burlington)—approximate cost $7.50
—Departs from downtown Bennington/Pleasant Street bus station
—Daily, 11:30 am (arrives Albany 12:30 pm) and 3:30 pm (arrives Burlington, VT 7:30 pm)
- Yankee Trails Bus, 800-822-2400 (Bennington to Albany)
—Departs from downtown Bennington, intersection of School and Main Streets
—Weekdays, 11:05 am (arrives Albany 12:50 pm) and 7:25 pm (arrives Albany 9:05 pm)
Local shuttle service
During the week, a local service, GMX (Green Mountain Express), supplies shuttle service to and from the campus to the towns of Bennington, North Bennington, Williamstown, and Manchester. This service is free to all Bennington students with a valid/current College ID.