- Dining Hall (located in Commons)
- Snack Bar (located in the Student Center)
- Snack Bar Express (located in the Student Center)
Commons Dining Hall provides a selection of hot entrees every day (menu) in a traditional, cafeteria-style facility that is open during regular meal plan hours with six dining areas including an outdoor deck. Several food venues and themes are offered to accommodate various diets. There is a hot food line, wok station, salad and vegan bar, deli bar, ice cream bar, fruit and yogurt station, and soup and pasta. The Dining Hall staff will make every effort to accommodate those individuals with various food allergies, either by directing them to the foods allowed, or by preparing suitable alternatives.
The Student Center Snack Bar and Convenience Store (menu or dial x8903 for daily specials) offers patrons a variety of venues and options. The Café has grill, deli, soup, salad and pizza options as well as many beverage choices. For those patrons with busy schedules, there is also an express option offering various sandwiches, salads, sides, and beverages. Please note that the latter option was formerly available in the Grab n’ Go and can now be found in the Snack Bar Market.
The Snack Bar is now offering a variety of sustainable food travel wares. These can be purchased in the Snack Bar and include reusable clamshell food containers, BPA-free sports bottles, and reusable tote bags. The clamshell containers are purchased once and then returned to the Snack Bar when picking up another take out option. Your dirty container is exchanged at no charge for a clean container when you check out.
Staff lunch-plan options (available to employees only)
- The traditional staff lunch plan offers lunch Monday–Friday in the Dining Hall only during term. Meal plans are nontransferable. Unused meals expire at the end of the meal plan hours listed below. The cost is $224 per term. Staff lunch options form.
- The universal staff lunch plan allows for lunch Monday–Friday in the Dining Hall or the Snack Bar during term. The Snack Bar cash equivalency is $7.50. Meal plans are nontransferable. Unused meals and equivalency values expire at the end of the meal plan hours listed below. The cost is $402 per term. Staff lunch options form.
- The declining balance bonus plan can be used at any dining facility, any time of the day. The plan adds a 15% bonus when $100 is put onto the Bennington Card declining balance. There is no expiration date. Any remaining balance, excluding the 15% bonus funds, is refundable upon request. Staff term bonus form.
- The off-term dining bonus plan can be used by any Bennington Card holder at any dining facility that is open for business, any time of the day during off-term time. The plan adds a 25% bonus when $50 or more is put onto the Bennington Card declining balance for dining services. There is no expiration date and any remaining balance, excluding the 25%, is refundable upon request. Please see Michelle in the Business Office to sign up for your bonus plan. Payment can be made either by cash, check, or funds transferred from your declining balance. Please note that all monies allocated to the Bonus Plan are available for dining purchases only and will not be available for use in the Campus Bookstore, laundry, or other points of sale. Staff off-term bonus form.
To enroll in a meal plan, please use the appropriate form above and contact the Bookstore (x4361; 802-440-4361 from off campus) to complete the enrollment process. Payment can be made either by cash, check, payroll deduction, or funds transferred from your declining balance. A payroll deduction for installment payments is available for only the Traditional Staff Lunch Plan and Universal Staff Lunch Plan. Please note that enrollment is required each term. Staff employees are also able to use cash to purchase lunch on a daily basis.
The Bennington Card is required for lunch plans and for entry to the Dining Hall. Please note that we do not allow the removal of food or beverages from the dining hall. Any removal of food may result in loss of dining hall privileges. Meal-plan lunch hours
Generally, lunch meal plans are offered in the Dining Hall and the Snack Bar Monday–Friday, 11:30 am–1:30 pm. During nonacademic terms, the Dining Hall is only open when conferences are on campus. Please visit Hours and Information for additional information, including specific hours of operation.