The United States has the highest documented rate of incarceration in the world, a rate that has increased by 500 percent in the past 40 years. In conjunction with a Spring 2014 student course and public lecture and with additional support from the Brown Foundation and the Davis Educational Foundation, Bennington College will host a two-day conference at The Center for the Advancement of Public Action (CAPA) on incarceration in America.
Fall 2014 Conference
- Title | Incarceration in America
- Dates | October 10–11, 2014
- Location | Center for the Advancement of Public Action (CAPA), Bennington College
- Public is welcome
A range of participants from across the political spectrum, academics, foundations, former and current public servants, providers, journalists, and advocates will discuss:
- Race and Incarceration
- Incarceration and Public Health
- Community (juvenile detention, children of incarcerated parents, etc.)
- Collateral Consequences
- Alternatives to Incarceration and Re-entry
- A Vision of the Future
We will update this page with more information and details as they become available. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.