EVENTS AND PROGRAMS are added all the time to the online events calendar—share them, add them to your calendar, enjoy them! To have your event/program added to the calendar, please use the online submission form.
Digital Coffee Hour
- Digital Coffee Hour was sent to your student email account in early Febraury. Please be sure to read through these important messages pertaining to Spring return.
- REFLECTIVE PROJECTS: All information regarding the Reflective Projects guidelines and due dates are available on the Student Resource web page.
- FWT PHOTO CONTEST: We are accepting submissions until March 6. Win one of six $50 prizes. Details available on the Student Resource web page
- FWT NITE IN CAPA IS MARCH 16: Celebrate your FWT accomplishments with the College community by signing up as a gallery exhibitor or presenter. Contact the FWT Office for details. (FWT grant recipients required to participate).
- FWT GRANT RECEIPTS: If you’re an FWT grant recipient, please submit your receipts in an envelope with your name on it to the FWT Office ASAP.
- FWT & CDO IMPORTANT DATES:
- Tuesday, March 3: Info session on 12 paid summer internships and a paid year-long fellowship at Lever, Inc; a new center for entrepreneurship and social innovation based in North Adams, MA. (1:00 pm, Green Dining Room)
- Wednesdays, March 4 & 11: Required Prep Sessions for Formal Presentation Reflective Option from 12:30-1:45pm (EAC 1)
- Friday, March 13: Independent Study evaluations and Reflective Videos are due.
- Friday April 10: reflective formal presentation videos due.
- Do You Have Questions About WELLNESS ON CAMPUS? The Bennington College Wellness Peers Alana Cooper, Benny Ehlers, Zoe Heegaard-LeGros, and Abby Mahler welcome your questions and suggestions for programming, speakers, and services you’d like to see on campus. Please email BeWell with your input.
- MIND, BODY, FOOD is a therapeutic group, facilitated by Lisa Citarella and Dr. Randy, focused on developing a healthier relationship to one’s body and eating. It uses mindfulness and other tools to address disordered eating in a combination of education, discussion, and weekly homework assignments. The cost is $25 per session, and can be paid through your insurance. We will have a sliding scale fee if needed; no one should avoid coming due to cost. Sign up at your first session. Meets Fridays 5:15-6:15 pm in Commons 24, every week starting March 6.
- SUBSTANCE USE: MYTHS AND MISINFORMATION: A psycho-educational group regarding substance use. The focus of the group is on moderating consumption and keeping safe, rather than insisting on abstinence. Open to all interested students. In-group education and discussion, no assigned homework. Facilitated by Lisa Citeralla. There is no charge for these sessions. Meets Wednesdays 5:00-6:00 pm in the Student Center, every other week starting March 11.\
- VINYASA YOGA W/ TRACEY FOREST: Find your center, tone your body, make peace with your Self. Join Certified Yoga Instructor Tracey Forest for Vinyasa Flow Yoga Mondays from 6:30-7:45 pm in the Meyer Rec Barn starting March 2nd. Bring a blanket and yoga mat if you have them. This class is free.
- DID YOU KNOW: Grapefruit and grapefruit juice have been found to interact with at least 85 drugs (including liptoir, plendil, and many common birth controls), in many cases resulting in adverse effects? The fruit interacts with an enzyme that helps break down drugs, and these effects can, in some cases, last over 24 hours after ingestion of the grapefruit. Check your drugs for interactions!
- Interested in VOLUNTEERING WITH BEWELL? We are currently looking for students willing to be sober on party nights in order to provide assistance for peers in need. We are also interested in collaborating with visual artists to create posters for wellness events! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to any BeWell peer for more information.
- Join Emily Costello and Sean Gordon for FITNESS @ BENNINGTON, from 7:30-9:00 pm on Mondays and Thursdays in the Meyer Rec Barn, starting March 2. Come for the whole thing, come for half, it’s non-committal! We’ll teach you how to build muscle and/or lose body fat, dorm room workouts, effective cardio, plus much more to help you reach your fitness goals.
Anyone interested in applying for a position on THE BUDGET AND EVENTS COMMITTEE is encouraged to drop by the Office of Student Life for an application, or email B&E directly for more information.
- Interested in fun winter activities? Stop by Student Life to RENT CROSS-COUNTRY SKIS OR SNOWSHOES! Rentals can be purchased during regular business hours (M-F 9:00 am-5:00 pm). Questions, please contact Tina Cooper.
- This spring BAD will be hosting WIFFLEBALL on Tuesday evenings! Get out that corked bat and come hit some dingers! Games will be held at 8:00 pm in Greenwall. All skill levels welcome. Contact Nate Guevin or Kevin Gilligan for more info.
- BASKETBALL will kick off starting Monday, March 2 at 7:00 pm at the North Bennington Village School. Contact Charlotte Uden for more info. Carpool will leave from the flagpole.
- CHRIS SULLIVAN will be discussing his work, currently installed in Usdan Gallery, featuring artwork from his feature films Consuming Spirits and The Orbit of Minor Satellites. Chris teaches at The School of Art Institute of Chicago and has been creating experimental film and theater for 30 years. The exhibition runs through March 31. The gallery opening will be Tuesday, March 3 at 6:45 pm and will have regular viewing hours Tuesday-Saturday, 1:00-5:00 pm.
- BENNINGTON TRANSLATES: Ellen Elias-Bursac is a pioneering translator of Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian literature, whose work has won numerous international awards. Also a scholar and author, she was for five years a translator at the UN AdHoc Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia. Tuesday, March 3, at 7:00 pm in the CAPA Symposium.
- Don’t miss the first FOREIGN LANGUAGE SERIES event, When 9 to 5 Becomes 6 to 10. Kelly Ward ‘12, will talk about her job as Head Teacher and Curriculum Developer at a small high-school English intensive program on the Qinghai Tibetan Plateau. Thursday, March 5, 7:00 pm, EAC 1.
- This term’s DODGEBALL LEAGUE begins on Wednesday, March 11. Rally friends, classmates, club cohorts, and your faculty advisers, and sign up your team in the Office of Student Life. Team registration forms are due by Friday, March 6. Contact Michiel Considine with any questions.
- PAC, BAD, the Vermonster Ultimate team, and the Office of Student Life present SNOWFEST 2k15, featuring: A snow sculpture contest, cross-country ski and snowshoe demos, (lightly) competitive sledding, horse-drawn sleigh rides, snow Frisbee, and an assortment of Vermont-themed snacks!To claim your pile of snow--which are currently waiting for you at the End of the World--pick up a stake in the Office of Student Life. House-based teams can begin work immediately; judging will take place at 3:00 pm. Prizes will be awarded to the top three winners, and all houses will receive a prize for participation. Saturday, March 7, 2015, 12:00-3:00 pm on Commons Snow-Covered Lawn.
- BENNINGTON CONNECTS invites you to join the collective efforts of women’s stories and rights! Share your stories, music, and thoughts on March 8, at 7:00 pm in the Student Center. Please contact Rumana Mehdi or Friederike Windel if you’d like to participate or have other questions. We hope to see you there!
- Come and see the OBJECT PLAYS: four ten-minute pieces written, directed, performed, and designed by fellow students! Sunday, March 8 at 8:00 pm in the Dean Carriage Barn.
- CLUB & ORG TABLING. There are more than 40 groups on campus with a range of interests. Students, with support from the Office of Student Life, take primary responsibility for the life of both new organizations and continuing ones. Groups will continue tabling in the Dining Hall from 12:30-1:30 pm, with some groups tabling from 5:00-6:30 pm. Once the new term is fully underway, check the online calendar and College Week for days, times, and contacts.
- MONDAY 3.2.15
Clown Care Unit
- TUESDAY 3.3.15
- WEDNESDAY 3.4.15
Bennington Free Press
- THURSDAY 3.5.15
- FRIDAY 3.6.15
Swing & Social Dance
Classic Film Series
- Shuttles for Long Weekend and End of Term, are available View shuttle schedule.