Local Van Service
The Green Mountain Express (GMX) operates a shuttle into the town of Bennington, as well as to Manchester and Williamstown daily. Students often use this service to get to grocery stores, restaurants, the movie theater, etc. At times when the Green Mountain Express does not run, the College offers a shuttle service:
- Monday–Wednesday: 6:00–11:00 pm
- Thursday–Saturday: 6:00 pm–2:00 am
- Sunday: 9:00 am–9:00 pm
The College also offers a weekend van service to Williamstown to visit the Williams College library and other locations in the area. Both vans leave from the flagpole in front of the Barn and can be reached by called Campus Safety (x0). Schedules will also be posted in student houses.
Albany Shuttle Service
Important Shuttle Service Information
- Inform CABs/GMX if you find an alternate ride to avoid delaying other riders.
- Please remember that you will be responsible for the shuttle fee for all reservations not canceled prior to the deadline.
- After hours calls must go the CABs/GMX voice mail, (802-447-0477).
Press 5, follow the prompts, and leave a clear message with your number.
Your call will be returned within 20 minutes.
- Please remember that you may not be the only rider. Bennington
College and Southern Vermont College students share the shuttles. If you
are delayed for any reason, call the CABs/GMX office immediately.
- There may be delays during busy travel times, particularly the
Thanksgiving break, that prevent the shuttle from returning to campus at
the scheduled time. As a general guideline, expect to arrive back on
campus approximately 1.5 hours after the final pick-up time. The shuttle
picks up at the train station, the bus station, and the airport in that
Please, contact the Office of Student Life at ext. 4330 or email@example.com if you have any questions.