1. Except for students using the Payment Plan options offered by
Bennington College, term bills are due and payable in full on August 1 (fall term). For due dates for the Payment Plan options, please refer to the applicable separate agreement. A late-payment penalty of 2% of the unpaid balance will be assessed on any amount not paid when due. A $35.00 fee will be charged for any payment returned unpaid.
2. As a convenience, the College will permit students or parents who choose to do so to participate in one of several payment plan options. A signed agreement for the election of this option must be on file with the Business Office before such arrangement will be considered in effect. The College will assess either late payment penalties or interest charges in accordance to the payment plan terms outlined on the agreement form. A $35.00 fee will be charged for any payment returned unpaid.
3. Students who have not paid all amounts due and payable to the College (in accordance to their applicable payment plan option, or if none, than in accordance to paragraph 1 above) by the first day of classes of the upcoming term and who have not received written authorization from the business office will not be allowed to attend classes or to occupy or use campus facilities. Should a student fail to meet his or her financial commitment subsequent to enrollment, the College may require the student to vacate the campus immediately. Such action will not constitute release of the student or other responsible party from his or her financial obligation to the College
4. Students who carry a past-due amount on their account will not be eligible to pre-register for
courses for the upcoming term or participate in the student housing process until such time
as all past due amounts are paid in full. No student with a past-due balance for a prior term
will be permitted to return to campus for the upcoming term until such balance is paid in
5. Graduating students who carry a past-due amount on their account will not be eligible to
receive their diplomas until such balances are paid in full.
6. No student will be permitted to receive or to direct delivery of an academic transcript to
another party unless the student's financial obligations to the College have been met.
7. The College may agree in certain circumstances to making other arrangements for payment
of pending or delinquent balances in cases deemed appropriate by the College. Students will
not be permitted to remain at the College or to return for the following term if they do not
meet the conditions specified in any such arrangement, which must be in writing.
8. The College reserves the right to deny election of either of the Payment Plan options for any student whose account was seriously delinquent during a prior
Revised January 2014