The Higher Education Act and the National Voter Registration Act require certain institutions to distribute voter registration forms to their students. You can find the application online.

U.S. citizens can use this form to:

  • Register to vote in your state
  • Report a change of name if you are already registered under a different name
  • Report a change of address
  • Register with a political party

You cannot use this form if:

  • You live outside of the U.S. and you have no legal address in this country
  • Your legal address is in North Dakota or Wyoming, (New Hampshire will only accept this form as a request for their own.)
  • You are not a U.S. citizen

You cannot be registered to vote in more than one place at a time.

Be certain to check the information under your state for registration deadlines, voter eligibility requirements, and the address to which you should mail your application.

Please see the General Instructions and the Application Instructions for specifics about registering to vote.