On-Campus Employment

To be eligible to work in any capacity you must be enrolled in a full course of study. Once employment is authorized you must maintain eligibility or you will lose your right to continue employment, even if it was authorized in writing.

As an F-1 student, you may be eligible to work on campus for a maximum of 20 hours per week. Prior to starting work on campus, students need to apply for a social security number. Your International Student Advisor (ISA) will assist you with the application and provide a group trip to the Social Security Office in North Adams, MA, a 40-minute trip from campus. On-campus jobs include work in Dining Services, Crossett Library, the Student Center, Meyers Rec Barn, and administrative offices. For more information on campus jobs, visit Student Employment.