Connect Your Student to On-campus Employment

While we make every effort to assist students in securing campus employment, especially Federal Work Study (FWS) recipients or international students with campus employment as part of their financial aid package, the demand for campus employment is high and therefore competitive. New students with a work award are given early access to open campus positions on WorkLink (a student job database), and should apply immediately to multiple listings for the best chance of securing a campus job. Returning students should apply to available positions during the first week of term. Be sure your student arrives to campus with the necessary original documents needed to complete a W-4 and I-9, which are federally required to be eligible for employment. If your student is interested in finding work and having difficulty doing so, direct them to the Field Work Term and Career Development Office for assistance. We can help them find and complete the required Student Employment Application, help them make the best use of the WorkLink system, or assist them in identifying local employers who may be interested in hiring students. (The Green Mountain Express provides free shuttle service into the community for students with a Bennington Card, and some off-campus employer sites  are easily reached on foot). Unfortunately the College is not able to guarantee employment for all students seeking it, even if it is part of their financial aid package.

The Field Work Term and Career Development Office offers appointment times specifically for student employment questions, bookable on our online booking system called Genbook. Our office can be found in Barn 112, and we can be reached at, or at 802-440-4321 (x4321 on campus).