Welcome to Bennington
We are excited that you will be joining our community. Bennington is a place where every member of the community—student, faculty, and staff—has the ability to influence the nature and quality of our campus life. We invite you to participate in creating a campus environment where real engagement, collaboration, and mutual respect are valued and affirmed.
Please look through these pages for important information on preparing for the postbac year at Bennington. In addition to necessary forms to fill out and return prior to your arrival, you will find many resources and tips to help make your transition here a smooth one.
Important Information and Timelines
Now that you’ve enrolled, there are several things you need to know—and do—to get ready to come to Bennington. Most information is due by May 1, so please get started today—everything you need is here.
These are important documents to fill out and return prior to your arrival. Please note that health forms are due by May 15. Health Services closes for the summer at the end of May and does not offer inoculations during the summer.
- FERPA (required) | due May 1
- Disability Accommodation Request (if applicable) | due May 1
- Emergency Contact Information (required) | due May 15
- Health Forms | due May 15
- Proof of Health Insurance (required, see health insurance) | due May 15
- Rental Agreement (if applicable) | no later than May 21
- Transportation Reservations (if applicable) | no later than June 4
- Meal Plan Options | due upon arrival
Your bennington.edu Email Address
Your campus email address is the primary way we will communicate with you. You can establish this now and set up forwarding to your personal email account if you wish. Here are instructions:
- Follow this link to our registration page.
- Enter your first and last name, and your five-digit student ID number.
- Once you sign up, you can use email to check your messages by logging in at http://sso.bennington.edu. If you have problems with setup or access send an email to HelpDesk.
- Arrival | June 12, 2018 (College housing opens at 9:00 am)
- Welcome activities | June 13, 2018 beginning at 1:00 pm
- Classes begin | June 14, 2018
- Classes end | August 17, 2018
- Departure | August 19, 2018 (College housing closes at 5:00 pm)
In cases of withdrawal or dismissal, adjustments, if any, to charges will be made only in accordance with the College's refund policy.