Field Work Term and Career Development
- during term: M–F, 9:00AM–5:00PM
- summer/FWT: M–F 8:30AM–4:00PM
- walk-in hours: Tu and W noon–2:00PM
- senior walk-in hours: Th noon-2:00pm
- Barn 112
Whether you still consider yourself a Field Work Term (FWT) rookie or a well-seasoned internship veteran, we invite you to stop in anytime to discuss your FWT plans. If life after Bennington is what’s on your mind, by all means, let’s talk. With career coaching sessions, we can help you find what you may be looking for, and you might be surprised at what you discover. It’s career planning, Bennington style—purposeful conversation and thoughtful inquiry. Or, if it’s help you need with navigating our job search resources, or understanding term requirements, we’ve got you covered.
The Field Work Term and Career Development Office has career development professionals and trained student workers ready to help you. Walk-ins welcome or contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Career coaching to help you plan and secure FWT positions, summer opportunities, and/or post-graduation jobs. (Make an appointment.)
- Database of hundreds of annual FWT positions and thousands of employer contacts.
- Additional online job search tools.
- Résumé/cover letter critiques. (Make an appointment.)
- Skills assessment tools and advising.
- Workshops on various topics related to FWT and career planning.
- Mock interviews and online interview prep tools.
- Reference materials to research career fields and organizations.
- Housing resources.
- FWT Planning Timeline and Important Dates