Field Work Term and Career Development
- during term: M–F, 9:00AM–5:00PM
- summer/FWT: M–F 8:30AM–4:00PM
- walk-in hours: Tu and Th noon–2:00PM
- senior walk-in hours: W noon-2:00pm
- Barn 112
Whether you still consider yourself a Field Work Term (FWT) rookie or a well-seasoned internship veteran, we invite you to stop in anytime to discuss your FWT plans. If life-after-Bennington is what’s on your mind, by all means, let’s talk. With career coaching sessions, we can help you find what you may be looking for, and you might be surprised at what you discover. It’s career planning, Bennington style—purposeful conversation and thoughtful inquiry. Or, if it’s help you need with navigating our job search resources, or understanding term requirements, we’ve got you covered.
The Field Work Term and Career Development Office has career development professionals and trained student workers ready to help you. Walk-ins welcome or contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Career coaching to help you plan and secure FWT positions, summer opportunities, and/or post-graduation jobs. (Make an appointment.)
- Database of more than 650 annual FWT positions and 8000 employer contacts.
- Additional online job search tools.
- Résumé/cover letter critiques.
- Skills assessment tools and advising.
- Workshops on various topics related to FWT and career planning.
- Mock interviews.
- Reference materials to research career fields and organizations.
- Housing resources.
- Referrals to alumni and/or parents in your field of interest.
Holly handles strategic planning, partnerships building, and fundraising for the expansion of Field Work Term and work-engaged learning initiatives. Her efforts focus on the academic integration of FWT and the resulting opportunity for employer recruitment. Holly also oversees the Kilpatrick Fellowship program, and provides career advising for seniors and alumni.
Office hours: Wednesdays noon–1:00PM
Faith directs the daily operations of Field Work Term, professional programming for students and alumni, and on-campus student employment. She works closely with students and employers to help ensure both have high-quality work experiences together. Faith also oversees the evaluation of FWT grades, advises students on special circumstances for FWT, and provides tailored advising to seniors, postbacs, and alumni.
Sarah is responsible for maintaining the database of student FWT records and employer contacts. She acts as the office’s key liaison to employers establishing job listing. Sarah also mentors students on how to navigate database resources, and on finding campus employment.
Ray runs the office’s front desk and is often the first point of contact for students, alumni, employers, and external partners. She handles administrative responsibilities to ensure the office runs smoothly, while also offering resume and cover letter advising support to students.