Field Work Term Important Dates
Field Work Term 2017–2018
Students can also add these dates to their Google Calendars by going here and clicking on the plus sign on the bottom right. Once the events are added, students can set custom notifications to remind them of events in advance.
Fall Term 2017
- Friday, September 29: FWT proposals due to FWT Office.
- Friday, October 13: Entrepreneurial Option and FWT grant applications due.
- Friday, October 27: Independent Study, Supplemental Hours Project, Professional Training Option, and Summer Deferral applications due.
- Friday, November 3: Last day to apply for an FWT registration extension.*
- Friday, November 10: FWT registrations due.*
- Monday, November 20: FWT registration due for those with approved extensions.*
- Friday, December 15: FWT Contact Information form due.
Field Work Term 2018
- Tuesday, January 2: FWT begins; reflective blog URLs due to FWT Office. Houses open for FWT on-campus residents.
- Friday, January 12: Last day to add an FWT position; if not registered, assessment will be a Fail.
- Friday, February 9: FWT Self-Evaluations due for all first-year students (for all other students, self-evals optional). Last day to sign up for FWT formal presentation reflective option.
- Friday, February 16: Last day of FWT.
Spring Term 2018
- Thursday, February 22: FWT Night 6:30-8:30pm.
- Friday, February 23: Reflective Projects due for non-first-year students; FWT evaluations and timesheets due; grant receipts due; Independent Study final review of work with sponsor due.
- Friday, March 2: Independent Study sponsor evaluations due. First-year essay drafts due to advisors.
- Friday, March 16: First-year essays due to the Dean's Office.
- Friday, April 20: FWT Summer Makeup registration extension requests due; Summer Independent Study proposals, Entrepreneurial Option proposals, and Professional Training applications due.
- Friday, May 4: FWT Summer Makeup registration due*; last day that missing FWT evaluations are accepted.
- Friday, May 11: FWT Summer Makeup registration due for those with approved extensions.*
- Monday, June 11: FWT Summer Makeup begins.
- Friday, June 29: Last day to add a FWT Summer Makeup position; if not registered, assessment will be a Fail.
- Friday, July 27: Last day of FWT Summer Makeup.
- Friday, August 3: Summer Reflective Projects due; FWT evaluations, timesheets, and grant receipts due; Independent Study final review of work with sponsor due.
- Friday, August 10: Independent Study evaluations due.
*Late registrations without approved extensions will be fined $25 and impact a student’s FWT rating for each day past the due date.