Professional Training Option
Field Work Term is intended to get students out of the classroom, exploring interests in a professional setting, and is not intended for additional course-based trainings. However, exceptions may be made for:
- Hands-on experiential training programs resulting in a certification required for a particular professional field (i.e. massage therapy certification, EMT training, yoga teacher training, etc.).
- Apprenticeship programs where a student is working directly with an artist or craftsperson to learn a particular technique, style, approach, etc.
Students wishing to complete a professional training toward primary FWT hours must apply via the FWT Registration Form on WorkLink by October 27, 2017, and provide proof of successful completion by February 23, 2018. If approved, a student may only do a professional training program for one FWT.
The following experiences cannot count toward primary FWT hours:
- Credit and noncredit-bearing courses at other institutions
- Preparatory courses for graduate and professional school programs
- Being tutored in a particular subject (such as language, writing, or other independent instruction)
- Personal enrichment and self-help programs
- Independent art, dance, acting, language, and music classes