Skills Assessment Tools
Finding your dream career is often about more than simply discovering what you love to do. It’s also about discovering your unique talents. The following is a selection of skill assessment tools that can help you figure out your greatest strengths and how you can put them to use in the world of work. No tool can tell the full story about you, but by exploring different ones, you’ll likely see themes emerge, and you may start to get a clearer picture of your skills, strengths, and areas of interests.
Comprehensive, counselor-directed assessments
CliftonStrengths for Students
- A personalized assessment of your unique talents, along with a set of actions to foster personal, academic and career success.
For access to the CliftonStrengths assessments:
- Book a career exploration advising session on Genbook.
- Send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your code.
- Take the assessment prior to the appointment.
Exploratory, self-guided assessments
- Personality assessment, similar to the MBTI.
- Helps identify your needs, values and motivations that can lead to potential job satisfaction.
- Framework for reflecting on what you enjoy, do well, and is meaningful in your life.
- App that uses interactive games to identify your traits, abilities, competencies and possible career paths.