Benefits Information and Forms
Look here for all the information and forms related to employee benefits at Bennington—but be sure to speak to our Human Resources staff for specific questions about your situation.
The benefits information provided is intended only as general information for eligible faculty and administrative staff of Bennington College and is not in any way intended to be a confirmation of benefits enrollment or eligibility. The College reserves the right to change benefit plans and programs at any time. Current benefits are not a guarantee of future benefits and not all employees are eligible for the same level of benefits. Additional benefit programs may be available, but may not be listed on this website at this time. If determined to be eligible for benefits, please refer to your individual benefit enrollment package for specific details of current benefit offerings. For a complete, detailed benefit plan description, please refer to the subscriber contract and/or certificate of coverage. Please note that if there are any discrepancies between the information provided on this website or in any other benefit publication and the plan document, the plan document will always govern.
Important note: Employees who experience a life event change such as the birth of a child, change in marital status, or other change as defined under IRS and Section 125 guidelines may make related changes to their benefit elections. However, the employee must notify the College in writing within 30 days of the qualifying event. Notification of a qualifying event should be submitted to email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding your benefits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Human Resources in Barn 102.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
- Vermont Freedom Plan (PPO)
- Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP), (HSA)
- Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP), (HSA) Union
- Medical Benefits Enhancement Rider
- Medical Enrollment Form
- American Well (AmWell) Telemedicine
- Important Notice: Understanding the Distinction Between In-Network and Out-of-Network Providers/Facilities
- Health Assessment
- Bank of Bennington Health Savings Account (HSA) Form
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Limits
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Payroll Deduction Form
- Guidelines for HSA Accounts (Publication 969)
- HSA Eligible Expenses (IRS Publication 502)
- Creditable Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare
- Statement of Domestic Partnership for Health Care Coverage
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont Member Resource Center
- Health Care Reform Update | October 2013
- New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage
- New Tax Documents: Form 1095-B (Health Coverage) and Form 1095-C (Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage)
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
In accordance with Federal and State law, Bennington College provides leave to eligible employees under qualifying circumstances. To understand the general provisions of leave time provided under the Federal law, please review the Employee's Guide to the Family and Medical Leave Act. Please contact Human Resources to talk with a staff member about your need for a leave of absence and to review additional leave options that may be available under State law.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Employee Guide
- Employee's Guide to Military Family Leave Under FMLA
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities under FMLA
- FMLA Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- FMLA Designation Notice
- FMLA Medical Certification
- FMLA Family Member Medical Certification
- FMLA Military Leave Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave
- FMLA Military Leave Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Service member for Military Family Leave
- FMLA Military Leave Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Caregiver Leave
Northeast Delta Dental
- Premier Plan
- Dental Premiums
Plan Type | Monthly Dental Premium
- Individual | $49.33
- 2-Person | $90.36
- Family | $157.89
- Premier Plan (Union)
- Dental Premiums (Union)
Plan Type | Monthly Dental Premium
- Individual | $53.44
- 2-Person | $97.97
- Family | $172.53
- Dental Double-Up Max Carryover Benefit
- Dental Enrollment Form
- Find a Provider
- Dental Benefits Lookup Site
- Dental Vision Discount Program
- Certificate of Insurance
- Basic Voluntary Life Insurance Coverage
- Enrollment Form
- Supplemental Voluntary Life Insurance Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Identity Theft Recovery Service
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Employee Reimbursement Accounts
Combined Services LLC
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Enrollment Form
- Qualified Health Expenses
- Flex Reimbursement Form
- Getting Started
- Retirement Planning Advice and Guidance
- Retirement Planning Tools and Calculators
- 403(b) Elective Maximum Deferral Amounts
- Investing 101
- Important Notice: July 1, 2016, Retirement Plan Changes Overview
- Retirement Information Session Overview
- Salary Reduction Agreement
- Instructions for Accessing the TIAA Retirement Plan Microsite
- TIAA Forms
- Fee Disclosure | Plan and Investment Notice (#348111)
- Fee Disclosure | Plan and Investment Notice (#348112)
Staff members are encouraged to take advantage of the recreation facilities offered both on and off campus. Outdoor recreation facilities include three tennis courts, a basketball court, and a soccer field. Hiking is available on the College’s Blue Trail, which winds through the wooded parts of campus and connects to several good trails throughout the region. The trailhead is located behind the Davis Alumni House.
The College has partnered with the Bennington Tennis Center to manage its outdoor courts and provide an active program for students, staff, and faculty. To reserve a court, contact 802-379-6595 or visit their website.
The Office of Student Life can provide information on racquet and health clubs in the area. The College has a relationship with The Bennington Recreation Center, a local facility that offers a handicap-accessible, six-lane, 25-yard indoor pool, saunas, and other recreation facilities. Membership discounts are available for individuals and families; please inquire directly at the facility for details. To take advantage of the savings, contact Human Resources and you will be provided with an employment verification letter that you will need to present to the recreation center.
Outing Club Rental Gear
Want to get outdoors but don’t have the equipment? The Outing Club can help you out. Rental gear is available to all Bennington College community members—students, faculty, and staff—for a very low cost. The following items are available for rent: sleeping bag, tent, backpack, ground pad, snowshoes, cross-country skis, head lamp, lanterns, and more. Please note that the Outing Club is also able to supply bear bags, water purification tablets, and cooking kits for trips to the backcountry. Please ask for these items in advance. Contact the Office of Student Life for additional details.
Offers and Discounts for Bennington Faculty and Staff
Apple® Education Discounts
Apple® is offering special pricing and discounts to employees working in higher education. Employees may be eligible to receive substantial discounts on a variety of favorite Apple products, including MacBook, Mac Desktops, software products, iPods, accessories, refurbished items and more. Best of all, employees can redeem the discount at any local Apple Store, the Apple Store online, or over the phone at 800-692-7753. Please note that this offer by Apple® is subject to change without notice.
Stephen’s Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge of Bennington: Stephen's is pleased to offer select discounts and savings on service visits, Vermont State Inspection, and oil changes. For specific details or to schedule an appointment, please contact Greg Restino at 802-681-7458 and mention this offer.
Bennington Chamber of Commerce
Employees of Bennington College are eligible to receive discounts from participating retailers of our local Chamber of Commerce. For a complete list of Chamber discounts, please visit the Chamber online. Employees will need to present a Chamber membership card to obtain the discounts. Membership cards are available in Human Resources.
The College Bookstore offers a 20% discount to all faculty and staff on clothing purchases. Some exceptions may apply. Please contact the Bookstore for details.
College Passes/Art Exhibitions
Crossett Library has circulating passes available for free admission to several museums and parks. The process is as easy as checking out a book, just be sure to bring your College ID.
- Bennington Museum, Bennington, VT: As the largest art and heritage repository in southern Vermont, the museum houses diverse collections reflecting the history of early Vermont and historically associated areas of New York and Massachusetts. Art and artifacts range in date from the early 18th century to the present. Items include the largest public collection of paintings by the American folk artist Grandma Moses.
- Vermont State Parks and Vermont Historic Sites: The pass admits one vehicle holding up to eight people to a Vermont State Park or Vermont Historic Site for one day. The library pass program is co-sponsored by the Vermont Department of Libraries, the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation, and the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation.
MASS MoCA, North Adams, MA: Bennington College has partnered with the MASS MoCA to provide free admission to the galleries for all faculty, staff, and students with a valid Bennington ID card. Additionally, members of the College community will receive a 10% discount to all of MASS MoCA’s performing arts events. Housed on a 13-acre campus of renovated 19th-century factory buildings, the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art is the largest center for contemporary arts in the United States. The institution is dedicated to the creation and presentation of provocative visual and performing arts pieces, and of works that blur conventional distinctions between artistic disciplines.
Southern Vermont Arts Center
Southern Vermont Arts Center (SVAC), located in Manchester, Vermont, is offering discounts on their summer art programs and events. SVAC workshops offer a wide variety of educational opportunities for all ages. Classes range from adult watercolors to summer camps for kids. SVAC is offering a 10% discount on summer programs and events. For more information, or to register, please contact Anne Marie Webber at 802-367-1302.
Bennington College offers discount tickets to the following theme parks. Please contact Human Resources for discount details.
- The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom: The Great Escape is a Six Flags Theme Park located in Lake George, NY. This amusement park offers 135 attractions including seven roller coasters, daily shows, and a huge water park. They are located between exits 19 and 20 of Interstate 87. For additional information, visit the Great Escape online.
- Bromley Sun Mountain Adventure Park: Bromley is a family-friendly mountain offering a mix of terrain (trails and glades) to please and challenge every skill level. In addition to winter fun, Bromley also offers a host of summer activities. The Bromley Mountain Adventure Park features an Alpine slide, giant swing, "The Big Splash," a 24-foot climbing wall, bumper boats, 18-hole championship mini golf, and much more. For additional information, visit Bromley online.
Verizon Wireless Discount
Verizon Wireless offers discounts to educational partners. Employees may be eligible to receive discounts up to 18% on monthly calling or data plans, phones, and accessories. Visit Verizon online, enter your work email, and select “Check for Discounts” to determine your eligibility for discounts. For additional information on products and services, contact our local Verizon Wireless business specialist, Todd Johnson, at 802-881-1734.
Human Resources Office