Field Work Term (FWT) is a thrilling part of a Bennington education. Every year from early January to mid-February, you’ll head out to explore your interests in the world of work. Like most great adventures, it takes preparation to make it a success. As such, we encourage you to start planning for FWT early. Below are some tips to get you thinking about, and planning for, your first FWT.
- Think about what experiences you might like to have or what you would like to learn during your first FWT.
- Prepare a clear and concise resume reflecting your work and educational experiences. The Field Work Term and Career Development Office (FWT & CDO) staff can review your resume before you arrive on campus. Just email us a draft.
- Begin to network by talking with people about FWT. Ask them what kind of work they do and if they know of anyone who might be interested in having a winter intern.
- Over the summer or once you’re at Bennington, schedule a meeting with FWT & CDO staff who can help you with anything from polishing your resume, to brainstorming and securing FWT positions, to introducing you to all the FWT resources.
- Leave room in your fall schedule to attend ongoing FWT workshops designed to help you navigate the steps required for securing your first FWT position.
The FWT & CDO staff looks forward to helping you make your first FWT a fantastic experience. Contact us anytime, including during the summer, if you have questions or need assistance with your FWT planning. We look forward to working with you.
Questions? Ask Us