International Student Services (ISS) at Bennington College are overseen by Kate Child, director of the first-year experience and international student services. In addition, our 2015 resident Kilpatrick Fellow works directly with ISS and First-Year Experience programming. The ISS at Bennington focuses on:
- Community: Advises Bennington Connects, a student club aimed at providing community and support for international students on campus.
- Immigration: Visa process and rules for maintaining lawful student status in the U.S.
- Employment: Guidance in seeking employment on and off campus (practical training).
- Living in the U.S.: Applying for a Social Security number, driver's license, access to campus and community resources.
- Academic/Social Adjustment: Information on the policies and procedures of the College, social and personal support for adjusting to life in the U.S., and academic support while transition to academic life at the College.
Visit the ISS section for more information. New international students should refer to the new international student section for everything you need to know to get started at Bennington.
Questions? We Can Help
- Kate Child, Director of the First-Year Experience and International Student Services
- Phone | x4396 (from off campus 802-440-4396)
- Location | Barn 120
- Hours | fall and spring term: Monday–Friday: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
summer and FWT: Monday–Friday: 8:30 am–4:00 pm