Your journey to Bennington continues here! We want to start to get to know you—your academic interests, your living preferences, who we should contact in case of emergency, and so on. Use the checklist below as your guide for what to do when.
Right away, before you do anything else, register for your Bennington account (you’ll be asked for your first and last names and your student ID number, which you can find in your “Welcome” email that linked you to these pages).
At Bennington email is our primary mode of communication. Students typically check and respond to email twice a day. Bring good habits to campus by checking your email frequently this summer. It’s how we will contact you if we have questions about your course preferences, roommate information and housing assignment, and to give you access to student employment opportunities on campus, for example.
Form Deadlines and Important Dates
- Contact and Other Information due (required)
- Course Registration due (required)
- Housing Questionnaire due (required)
- Disability Accommodation Request due (optional) | Please work with a medical provider to fill out this request form if you plan to request specific accommodations in college. Learn more about Accommodations and Support at Bennington.
- Students who wish to work on campus this fall and have been awarded with work allotments for the fall 2019 term (domestic students granted Federal Work Study and international students who have work as part of their financial aid package) must complete the First-Year Work Study Questionnaire by June 15. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (802-440-4321) with any questions.
- Health Forms due (required)
- Federal Student Loan Authorization due (if applicable) | Complete this form if you have student loans in your financial aid award.
- First-Year Credit Transfer Form due (optional) | Please fill out this form if you have earned credits that you would like to have reviewed and transferred to Bennington. Click here for more information about Bennington’s undergraduate transfer credit policy.
- Card ID image upload due
- First payment due (four-payment plan) | Make a payment.
Late July–early August
- Be on the look out for summer emailings | Remember to check your email on a regular basis this summer. Email is our primary form of communication and it is how we will communicate with you to share your fall term course schedule—including information on required course materials and supplies, and your fall term course schedule, housing and roommate(s) assignment.
- Transportation Reservation due (if applicable)
- First payment due (two-payment plan) | Make a payment.
- Payment due (single-payment plan) | Make a payment.
- Alcohol Edu and Sexual Assualt Prevention for Undergraduates | Login information will be emailed to your bennington.edu account.
- Proof of Health Insurance due (required) | All Bennington College students are required to have health insurance and to provide policy information to the College. International students must purchase the IFS Prime Plus policy by August 1 for coverage starting August 15. If policy info is not provided by August 1, the College will purchase the IFS plan on the student’s behalf and will post the cost to the student bill with a $100 administrative fee. Domestic students who need to change their coverage, have a 30 day window when they move to campus (called a qualifying event) to make policy changes. Window specifics vary depending upon policy.
- New incoming international students arrive either day between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- International student orientation (first-years and transfers)
- Alcohol Edu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates due (required) | As part of Bennington's comprehensive wellness program, we require incoming students to complete two online courses: Alcohol Edu, an alcohol-prevention program, and Haven, a sexual-assault prevention program. Specific information about logging in will be sent to incoming students around August 1. The two programs take approximately one-and-a-half hours each to complete.
August 30–September 3
- New and transfer students arrive on August 30 and move into houses between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- Orientation for first-years and transfer students begins on August 30 at 1:00 pm and continues until classes begin on September 3 at 2:10 pm.
- Parent orientation from 1:00-5:00 pm.
- Continuing students return.
- Convocation, 11:00 am
- Community-wide lunch, noon
- Classes begin, 2:10 pm