Your journey to Bennington continues here! We want to start to get to know you—your academic interests, your living preferences, who we should contact in case of emergency, and so on. Use the checklist below as your guide for what to do when.
Right away, before you do anything else, register for your Bennington account (you’ll be asked for your first and last names and your student ID number, which you can find in your “Welcome” email that linked you to these pages).
At Bennington email is our primary mode of communication. Students typically check and respond to email twice a day. Bring good habits to campus by checking your email frequently this summer. It’s how we will contact you if we have questions about your course preferences, roommate information and housing assignment, and to give you access to student employment opportunities on campus, for example.
- Student Technology Guide
- Hybrid Instruction Technology Support
- Campus Directory
- Make an online payment
Form Deadlines and Important Dates
- Health Forms due (required)
- Housing Questionnaire due (required)
- Disability Accommodation Request due (optional) | Please work with a medical provider to fill out this request form if you plan to request specific accommodations in college. The deadline has been extended from June 1 for new students. Learn more about Accommodations and Support at Bennington.
- Federal Student Loan Authorization due (if applicable) | Complete this form if you have student loans in your financial aid award.
- First-Year Credit Transfer Form due (optional) | Please fill out this form if you have earned credits that you would like to have reviewed and transferred to Bennington. Read more about Bennington’s undergraduate transfer credit policy.
- Card ID image upload due (required)
- First payment due (four-payment plan) | Make a payment.
Late July–early August
- Be on the look out for summer emailings | Remember to check your email on a regular basis this summer. Email is our primary form of communication and it is how we will communicate with you to share your fall term course schedule—including information on required course materials and supplies, and your fall term course schedule, housing and roommate(s) assignment.
- First payment due (two-payment plan) | Make a payment.
- Payment due (single-payment plan) | Make a payment.
- Get Inclusive's Voices of Change Online Learning Modules | As part of Bennington's comprehensive wellness program, we require incoming students to complete three online courses by September 1. Login information will be sent to incoming students around August 1.
- Proof of Health Insurance due (required) | All Bennington College students are required to have health insurance and to provide policy information to the College. International students will receive separate information about a required health insurance plan.
- Transportation Reservation | due August 14
- Student arrival, move-in, and new student orientation—specific information is still being developed and will be shared via email and on these pages.
- Classes begin, 2:10 pm
- Get Inclusive's Voices of Change Online Learning Modules due (required)