Bennington+ is a new suite of offerings for learners at every stage of their academic lives—from high school seniors to retired professionals. It includes a series of writing courses from Bennington's acclaimed literature program, an exciting selection of social justice and public action courses, and the opportunity for anyone to take classes from Bennington core curricular offerings. All of these programs are defined by Bennington's distinct student-directed and experiential approach to learning.
- Earn college credit
- Gain applied skills for your work, your art, and your civic life
- Take advantage of Bennington’s rigorous academic courses at a reduced rate
- Join Bennington’s global community of lifelong learners, teachers, and world-builders
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; enrollment for each course closes a week before the first class meeting.
Remote instruction in creative writing for undergraduates from a leader in engaged distance learning for current college and college-ready students who may be considering an academic gap year. This program offers four-week intensive online courses in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, creative criticism, and literary studies taught by Bennington’s award-winning graduate and undergraduate writing and literature faculty.
Last day to register (for first seven week courses): February 10, 2021
Classes begin: February 16, 2021
An opportunity for lifelong learners at every stage to advance their understanding of topics that intrigue, inspire, and empower us to engage with the most pressing issues of our time. Bennington College’s distinct student-directed approach, which transcends traditional academic disciplines and integrates real-world experience, is for everyone with a desire to grow and make an impact—from high school seniors to retired professionals.
CAPA Online: Building Community
Apply Now! >
The Center for the Advancement of Public Action (CAPA) at Bennington College is proud to offer this new series of online classes for learners at every stage—from high school seniors to retired professionals—who want to engage with the most pressing issues of our time. Please note that registration closes to the public one week before the course begins.
Courses are available at a reduced cost relative to our normal per-credit fees, and each course comes with a personalized advising session to help you understand the options available to you, and how they might fit into your education trajectory—whatever that might be.
In addition to the featured courses listed below, many of the courses in our standard undergraduate curriculum may be taken as Bennington+ classes, pending availability. Most are offered as either remote or hybrid remote/in-person courses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about accessing a specific course.
All courses taken for credit are fully accredited at the college level and are eligible to transfer into Bennington or another undergraduate program. If you ultimately decide to pursue a degree at Bennington, you may apply up to 16 credits at this reduced rate to a Bennington degree.
All students applying for this program will need to submit:
- Course Enrollment Application
- Any relevant high school or college transcripts (*Dual Enrollment Students Only)
- One letter of recommendation (*Dual Enrollment Students Only)
Last day to register: February 10
There is no application fee.
- Members of our community, alumni, friends of the College, and other lifelong learners can take classes at a reduced cost relative to our normal per-credit fee: $400 per credit (for credit and a transcript) or $100 per credit audit fee
- High school juniors and seniors in Vermont may be eligible to take up to two courses with tuition fully reimbursed through VT’s Dual Enrollment Program. If you are not eligible, tuition is: $400 per credit (for credit and transcript) or $100 per credit audit fee