Bennington to Albany Transportation
- Shuttle Schedule: See End-of-Term Shuttle
- Reservation deadline: Wednesday, December 4 at 5:00 pm. Cancellations received after the deadline are nonrefundable.
- Cost: $35.00 per trip payable by cash, check, or Bennington Card declining balance, if the reservation is made before December 4. Reservations may be made after December 4 (depending on the number of open seats) for $45.00 per trip.
- Make your reservations: Reservations can be made online. Please contact the Office of Student Life (x4330) if you have any questions. Reservation requests must include specific travel information (train and bus times and destinations, flight numbers, times, and destinations) and the exact number of bags that you will be bringing. Two bags are allowed per student, and extra bags cost an additional $10.00 each. It is imperative that you bring only the number of bags you sign up to take, since the number of bags affects the number of passengers that the shuttle can hold.
Important Albany Shuttle Service Information
- Inform Campus Safety (x0; from off campus 802‐447‐4250) or Green Mountain Express (GMX) (802-447-0477) of any changes to your itinerary immediately to avoid delaying other riders.
- Please remember that you will be responsible for the shuttle fee for all reservations not canceled prior to the deadline.
- Please remember that you may not be the only rider. Bennington College and Southern Vermont College students share the shuttles. If you are delayed for any reason, call the GMX office or Campus Safety immediately (please see your confirmation email).
Questions? Please contact the Office of Student Life (x4330; from off campus 802‐440-4330).
To sign up
- Online | Based on shuttle
- In person | The Office of Student Life, located in Barn North (Barn 113)
- During term: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- During FWT and summer: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:00 pm
- By phone | x4330 (802-440-4330 from off campus)
- By email | Student Life
- Please note deadlines for shuttles on the extended shuttle schedule and refer to the cost section below.
The $35.00 fee can be paid by cash, check, or Bennington Card declining balance. If you have more than two bags, there will be a $10.00 fee for each extra bag. Reservations made after deadlines will be subject to a $10.00 late fee. Please note: If you ride without a reservation, the fare will increase to $60.00. Cancellations received after deadlines are nonrefundable.
- Office of Student Life | 802-440-4330 (x4330 from campus) during normal business hours
- Campus Safety | 802-447-4250 (x0 from campus)
- GMX | 802-447-0477 (dial "1" to reach after-hours emergency voicemail)
If you miss the shuttle
If your plans change on the day of travel, as soon as you become aware of a change or delay you must contact Campus Safety 802-447-4250 or Green Mountain Express 802-447-0477. If your call is not immediately answered, be certain to leave a callback number, along with your name and a brief message explaining your situation, and to leave your phone turned on to receive the callback. Your message will be returned within 20 minutes, and any pertinent information will be relayed to the driver. This ensures that the shuttle does not wait unnecessarily, and allows you to see what other arrangements can be made. Additional fees resulting from schedule changes are the responsibility of the passenger.
If the shuttle service does not work with your travel itinerary, there are several other options for getting to Albany, including:
- Vermont TransLines (Albany/Bennington/Burlington): Departs from downtown Bennington/Pleasant Street bus station daily at 11:30 am (arrives Albany 12:30 pm); daily at 3:35 pm (arrives Burlington, VT 7:25 pm). Approximate cost $7.50.
- Vermont Shires from Manchester, Bennington to Albany-Rensselaer, connecting with the Amtrak train service to NYC. Please review the schedules provided on their website. Tickets can be purchased on the Amtrak website or with cash to the bus driver. Campus Safety can provide rides to and from this bus stop, however, please be sure to provide 24 hours advanced notification to Campus Safety via email to schedule this service.
- Yankee Trails Bus (Bennington to Albany), 800-822-2400: Departs twice daily on weekdays from downtown Bennington at the intersection of School and Main Streets. Monday-Friday, 11:05 am (arrives Albany 12:50 pm) and 7:25 pm (arrives Albany 9:05 pm). Approximate cost is $4.00.
- KT Transportation, 518-728-5030. Approximate cost is $70.00 for up to two passengers (now accepting credit and debit cards).
- AJ Transportation, 802-442-7129. Approximate is cost $95.00 (includes gratuity).
- Global Link Travel, 802-442-8400 (now accepting credit and debit cards).
- Upstate Green Cab, 518-956-0332. Approximate cost is $70.00; $10.00 for an additional passenger.
- Equinox Transportation Agency, 802-430-9929. 20% discount to students with Bennington College I.D.
Delays and cancellations
Arrival times are subject to change due to unforeseen delays (weather, traffic, etc.), and passengers should be sure to factor such possibilities into their travel plans. Bennington College is not responsible for missed trains, buses, or planes due to shuttle delays. Please note: The driver is only able to wait for late arrivals for up to 15 minutes past the pickup time before departing. In the event of a shuttle delay or cancellation due to inclement weather, passengers will be notified at the number provided with their reservation two hours prior to the scheduled pickup.
The $35.00 fee is nonrefundable after the shuttle deadline unless otherwise specified by the Office of Student Life.