Field Work Term
While postbaccalaureate students are not required to complete a Field Work Term job during the winter Field Work Term, most opt to use this time to work, volunteer, or shadow medical professionals or assist in research. As a Bennington College student, you are welcome to use the resources in the Field Work Term and Career Development Office (FWT & CDO) to look for contacts and opportunities, not only for your time at Bennington, but for the glide year as well.
Some of the resources available include
- Access to Handshake, Bennington's online employment-management system where you can search for FWT positions, summer jobs, and full time work.
- Use of online subscriptions available in the office.
- Meetings with FWT & CDO staff to discuss questions regarding future planning.
- Participation in any of the career development workshops offered throughout the year.
- More FWT information.
Please feel free to be in touch once you arrive on campus with any questions: x4321 (from off campus 802-440-4321) or firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by Barn 112. FWT & CDO is open year round:
- Fall and spring term | 9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
- Summer and FWT | 8:30 am–4:00 pm, Monday–Friday