COVID-19 Updates, From the President
Monday Message from President Walker—April 26, 2021
The following message was sent to Students, Families, Faculty, and Staff on April 26, 2021.
Dear Bennington community,
- We currently have NO cases of COVID-19 within the Bennington community!
- This Thursday, April 29, every member of this community—including non-resident students—will be eligible to be vaccinated here in Vermont.
- You can register with the Vermont Department of Health now if you haven’t already, which will make signing up on Thursday speedier; or you can sign up for an appointment directly on Thursday through local pharmacies like CVS and Hannaford.
Know Your Rights Workshop
- Tomorrow at 6:00 pm, the Vermont ACLU will facilitate a virtual Know Your Rights presentation that is designed to provide tools for young people to deal with police traffic stops. If you plan to attend, please register in advance.
- Early on Saturday morning, my husband Bert and I joined students, faculty and family members for a beautiful and informative bird walk with faculty member Blake Jones. We found a robin egg; saw ravens, blue birds, and sparrows; and I can now recognize a sapsucker woodpecker.
- If you have an opportunity to join Blake on a bird walk on May 8 or May 22, I highly recommend it.
- I enjoyed seeing students at brunch yesterday. It was great to see many of you in person and to hear suggestions about shared governance, ways to elevate student voices and better support students. I look forward to finding ways to implement much of your feedback.
- I hope you will join me at our next brunch for students on May 9. You can sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great week,