Monday Message from President Walker—May 10, 2021
The following message was sent to Students, Families, Faculty, and Staff on May 10, 2021.
Dear Bennington community,
Happy Monday, Bennington! For those of you who were on campus this weekend, I hope you enjoyed the Sunfest festivities. With three weeks left in the term, there is so much going on—both in person and online.
- We currently have NO cases of COVID-19 within the Bennington community!
- Everyone at Bennington is now eligible for vaccination in Vermont. If you have not yet, please make an appointment as soon as possible.
- For students who are fully vaccinated and haven’t yet submitted verification, please fill out this form and see the FAQ for Students page if you have questions.
- Staff and faculty who have been vaccinated are encouraged to upload proof of vaccination to ADP.
Welcome Dr. Alfredo Medina
- We are thrilled to welcome Dr. Alfredo Medina as Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and College Diversity Officer. He will join us on June 14, 2021. Here is the announcement that went out Friday.
Student Town Hall on Thursday
- As a reminder, I will host a Student Town Hall on Thursday May 13 at 12:00 pm in Tishman (and remotely). Seating is limited in Tishman to 40 students; please reserve your seat today.
- This will be an opportunity for students to hear updates from me, students, and Student Life on several key initiatives and to ask questions. It is for students only; staff are not expected to be in attendance.
A Message from the Student Educational Policies Committee
- Elections are happening now! If you are a student, take a look at the candidates and vote for Discipline Representatives for the 2021-2022 Academic Year!
- The Student Educational Policies Committee (SEPC) is an integral part of the Bennington education. Historically it has existed as a vessel for a responsive curriculum, allowing students to shape their academics and experience at the college. We represent the student body on matters of academic policy, working to communicate and collaborate with students, faculty, and administration on academic matters at the classroom, discipline, and institutional levels. If you would like to learn more about SEPC, or if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email us!
Thank you and have a great week,