Housing Over FWT
Securing housing for FWT is part of the learning process.
If you opt to complete FWT someplace other than home, start by checking out these resources:
- The FWT Housing Resource Guide: This guide has suggestions for national/international search engines like Airbnb, VRBO and Craigslist; regional resources for major metropolitan areas like, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, DC; as well as tips for networking with landlords.
- FWT Housing Offers: Check out a spreadsheet of current offers for free or low cost FWT housing by Bennington alumni and parents.
- FWT Housing Board: Based on student suggestions, this Facebook group is a place to connect with other students to collaborate on finding places to stay during FWT.
- Job listings with housing: Search WorkLink for postings that offer a free room as compensation.
- City-specific books and maps: Stop by the FWT & Career Development Office’s (Barn 112) to browse through our resource library.
- Make an appointment: Come in for an advising appointment to receive hands-on support in thinking through your housing options.
Consider your housing options carefully when planning for FWT. Research rental costs and agreements, particularly in major metropolitan areas. The FWT Office strongly encourages you to have a parent or legal advisor review any lease or sublet agreement before signing it and to meet with the landlord if at all possible prior to entering a housing arrangement. For additional tips on renting, check out the FWT Housing Resource Guide.