Bennington College provides multiple opportunities for safety training to maximize the health, safety, and wellbeing of all those employed by the College. We understand your time is valuable and we therefore seek to provide training in the most effective and efficient manner possible. By utilization of both classroom and computer-based training (CBT), together we can realize a reduction in workplace injuries and change the habits and behaviors that may result in workplace accidents. Each supervisor should review the topic list below with employees to determine which trainings are applicable, and plan to attend the scheduled classes or complete the CBT through the links provided. Unless otherwise noted, all classroom trainings will be held in the CAPA Symposium on the dates listed below.
- February 14, 2017: 1:00–1:30 PM
- June 8, 2017: 8:30–9:00 AM
- June 8, 2017: 12:30–1:00 PM
- June 8, 2017: 9:00–9:30 AM
Hand and Power Tool Safety
- February 14, 2017: 11:30 AM–noon
- June 8, 2017: 11:00–11:30 AM
Hazardous Communications/Right to Know/Safety Data Sheets
- February 14, 2017: 9:45–10:15 AM
- June 8, 2017: 9:45–10:15 AM
- February 14, 2017: 12:30–1:00 PM
- June 8, 2017: 11:30 AM–noon PM
Lifting for Material Handlers/Back Injury Prevention
- February 14, 2017: 10:15–10:45 AM
- June 8, 2017: 10:15–10:45 AM
- February 14, 2017: 9:00–9:30 AM
- June 8, 2017: 1:00–1:30 PM
Slip, Trip and Fall Prevention
- February 14, 2017: 11:00–11:30 AM
Classroom training will be provided throughout the year by College personnel and representatives from our Workers Compensation carriers. Computer-based (DVD) trainings for Bloodborne Pathogens and Hazardous Communications and Right to Know/MSDS are provided on the first day of employment for all employees whose jobs responsibilities may require that they are trained on these topics. The College provides quarterly classroom training (see above) with additional detail specific to Bennington College practices. Employees should direct any questions to their supervisor or Human Resources.
For further information on issues that impact safety, including sexual harassment and misconduct, see Employment at Bennington.