Read. Write. Be Read.
Steeped in the College's prestigious literary tradition, the Bennington Writing Seminars is more than an MFA—it's a transformative experience, a diverse and inspiring community to call home. Our mission is to to connect each student with the best that has been done, while keeping the focus trained on his or her own emerging work.
Why choose Bennington?
- Study with celebrated and accomplished faculty.
- Read 100 books; write one. Create an expansive, customized reading list to diversify and deepen your relationship with the culture of letters.
- Work alongside high quality peers and alumni, who inhabit diverse spaces in the literary landscape, from novelists with big book contracts to poets at independent presses, teachers and doctors, activists and editors.
- Join a lively culture that celebrates and supports new and emerging voices.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a rigorous program that allows writers to continue a work life while engaging studiously in the life of letters.
- Maximize professional development opportunities by teaching in our Young Writers Program or editing the student journal.
- Immerse yourself in an inspiring residency experience twice a year on a historic campus in the Green Mountains of Vermont.
To learn more, contact Dawn Dayton (802-440-4452) or Megan Mayhew Bergman (802-440-4454).