Chemical Recycling: A Dangerous Deception
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC | Learn more about the findings of the eye-opening report, “Chemical Recycling: A Dangerous Deception,” and join our free webinar on Tuesday, November 28 at 7 p.m. ET with report author Lee Bell of IPEN (International Pollutants Elimination Network) and report contributors Judith Enck and Jennifer Congdon of Beyond Plastics. Together, we’ll dig into the findings, including:
- Chemical recycling is a false solution to the plastic pollution crisis;
- Plastics recycling moves poisons around our economy and environment;
- Chemical recycling is inefficient, energy-intensive, and speeds climate change;
- Chemical recycling creates toxic waste;
- Chemical recycling is dangerous and dirty and threatens environmental justice communities across the country;
- Eliminating or relaxing existing regulations puts our health at risk; and more.
They'll also talk about the reality on the ground at the 11 existing chemical recycling facilities in the United States, answer questions from attendees, and more. See the Facebook event here.
Beyond Plastics Program Coordinator