When you graduate from the Bennington Writing Seminars, you leave with much more than a degree.
By the time you graduate with your MFA from Bennington, you’ll have received:
- Four terms of intimate, one-on-one monthly correspondence with a faculty member, including substantive personalized letters and edits to your work.
- Workshop evaluations for 20 pages of writing during each residency.
- Thoughtful feedback from fellow students and teachers in a small workshop format.
- A collaboratively-created and personalized reading list each term (you’ll read 100 books over the course of your time here).
- Coaching on craft, editing, submissions strategies, and teaching via lectures and craft classes from world-class writers.
- Comprehensive feedback on a manuscript-length creative thesis.
- Feedback on three critical essays.
- Public reading experience.
- Access to editors and agents who visit residencies.
- Teaching experience (if selected) through our Residential Teaching Fellowship.
- Editing opportunities with the End of the World literary journal.
- A two-year Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWP) membership.
- Access to a thriving, vital community of nearly 2,000 Bennington students, alumni, and friends.
You'll leave Bennington prepared to join a vibrant life of letters.