When you graduate from Bennington's Writing Seminars, you leave with much more than a diploma.
By the time you graduate with your MFA from Bennington, you’ll have received:
- Four workshop evaluations for 20 pages of work each residency.
- Small workshops with thoughtful feedback from 10 fellow students and two faculty members.
- Four terms of intimate, one-on-one monthly correspondence with a faculty member, including substantive personalized letters and edits on your work.
- A collaboratively created and personalized 25 book reading list each term (you’ll read 100 books over the course of your time here.)
- Lectures and master craft classes from leading practitioners, which coach you on craft, editing, submissions strategies, and teaching.
- Comprehensive feedback on a manuscript-length creative thesis.
- Public readings and lecture experience.
- Proximity to editors and agents who visit residencies.
- Teaching opportunities, as Teaching Fellows in Bennington’s Young Writer’s summer program, or online in our partnership with the Burlington Young Writer’s Project
- Editing opportunities with the End of the World literary journal.
- A two-year AWP membership.
- Access to a thriving, vibrant community of Bennington students, alumni, friends and faculty who gather together for readings and support each other professionally.
- Many of our students, such as Jamie Quatro, Morgan Jerkins, Katy Simpson Smith, Cynthia Sweeney, and Ivy Pochoda, actively publish during or shortly after the program. Our students leave Bennington prepared to join a life of letters.