Bennington Staff Council
A self-governance group made up of staff members seeking to promote respect and improve transparency and partnership among the entire campus community.
The Bennington College Staff Council was formed in mid-May of 2022 as a result of the College-wide Shared Governance Task Force (approved by the Board of Trustees in February 2022), seeking to promote respect and improve transparency and partnership among the entire campus community. The Council seeks to integrate staff voices in decision-making at Bennington and provide an outlet of peers for the staff community to voice their concerns and ideas. Through solidifying an avenue of communication and organization of the intersectional staff community at Bennington College, we are striving to ensure staff perspectives and experiences are represented in important discussions of issues, particularly those that have a direct impact on staff working conditions, morale, overall health, and well-being.
The Bennington College Staff Council meets monthly on the third Thursday of each month at 2:00 pm EST via Zoom to accommodate in-person, remote, and hybrid staff members.
CONTACT US & JOIN
Address any questions or inquiries to email@example.com or feel free to contact any of us individually.
If you are interested in joining the Staff Council, we would love to have you! Please fill out the membership form.
Staff Council currently has representatives serving on the following leadership-level boards and committees:
- College Board of Trustees (BOT)
- BOT Education & Community Life Committee
- BOT Campus Planning Committee
- BOT Campaign Design Committee
- CFO Advisory Council
We are also undertaking our own committee work on the following topics:
- Community Development, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Staff Equity & Benefits
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Work Culture
Our goal is to have staff members serving on Staff Council from all across the College so ensure we effectively have a voice together and build community. Please consider joining!
As of May 19, 2023
- Laura Crosslin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Hackett - email@example.com
- Francesca Salcedo-Edwards - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lika Torikashvili '22 - email@example.com
- Josh Primmer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Buildings & Grounds
- Donna Clifford - email@example.com
- Cristina Perez Ayala Cano - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hannah Lipstein - email@example.com