Orientation and Arrival Information
Forms and Tools
New Student Orientation
Please note that International Students Orientation will take place August 27-29.
New Student Orientation (begins August 30) is equal parts landing pad and launch pad. It offers time to get to know the people and places that will be your home and opportunities to dive into the intellectual and imaginative work that will propel your experience forward. Together with your classmates and housemates, and your First-Year Forum (FYF) faculty advisor and co-leader, you will begin to shape a vibrant and supportive intellectual community.
Please note that there is a lot to do to prepare for a new academic year. Students who arrive before the designated arrival days will be responsible for finding their own accommodations off campus.
- Arrival for New International Students | Sunday, August 25, and Monday, August 26, 1:00 pm-5:00 pm
- New International Student Orientation (first-years and transfers) | Tuesday, August 27-Thursday, August 29
- Check-in for New Students (first-years and transfers) | Friday, August 30, 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- New Student Orientation | Begins Friday, August 30, 1:00 pm
Getting to Campus/Transportation
If you will arrive by plane, train, or bus into Albany, New York, and wish to reserve transportation to the Bennington campus, please submit the Transportation Reservation form by August 1 or at your earliest convenience. The shuttle runs on the following dates:
Sunday, August 25–Monday, August 26 | International Students
- Train Station: 11:00 am; Bus Station: 11:20 am; Airport: 11:55 am
- Train Station: 3:00 pm; Bus Station: 3:20 pm; Airport: 3:55 pm
- Train Station: 8:00 pm; Bus Station: 8:20 pm; Airport: 8:55 pm
- Train Station: 12:30 am; Bus Station: 12:50 am; Airport: 1:15 am
- Train Station: 1:00 pm; Bus Station: 1:20 pm; Airport: 1:45 pm
- Train Station: 7:00 pm; Bus Station: 7:20 pm; Airport: 7:45 pm
Friday, August 30 | All other new students
- Train Station: 8:00 am; Bus Station: 8:20 am; Airport: 8:45 am
- Train Station: 10:00 am; Bus Station: 10:20 am; Airport: 10:45 am
Shuttle Fee: The following fees include up to two bags; $10 for each additional bag. Before August 1, $35 per person; after August 1, $45 per person. Your shuttle-fee payment is due with your reservation—checks can be mailed to the Office of Student Life, Attn: Shuttle Reservations.