Health Center: Field Work Term and Summer
Care in Bennington When the College is Not in Session
Bennington College Health and Psychological Services are officially closed during the Field Work Term (late December–mid-February) and summer break. There is no on-call or emergency coverage during these times.
Students remaining in the Bennington area during these times will need to access community resources if health care is needed.
- Emergencies: If a life-threatening emergency occurs on campus, call Campus Safety at x767 or 802-447-4250. If off campus, dial 911. If other emergency care is needed, students should go to the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center’s Emergency Department. United Counseling Service also provides 24-hour emergency psychological services. They can be reached at 802-442-5491.
- Urgent care: Southwestern Vermont Medical Center’s Express Care is open 8:00AM–6:00PM daily, and does not require an appointment. 802-440-4077.
- Nonemergencies: Drs. Anselmo and Stein can often make appointments to see you in their private practices. They can be reached on weekdays 9:00AM–5:00PM:
- Dr. Randy Anselmo, MD, 802-375-4005
- Dr. April Stein, PhD, 281-744-0719
- Insurance: Virtually all health insurance provides coverage for emergencies, but may involve some out-of-pocket expense to you. Coverage may be more limited for non-emergency care, depending on your policy. If you are unsure, call the customer service number on your insurance card, explain what services you think you need, and ask what your policy covers. Also ask for a list of “in-network” healthcare providers in this area.