The Registrar's Office is responsible for registration processes, student enrollment services and reporting, evaluating and sending transcripts, assigning class spaces, and the maintenance, accuracy, and privacy of all student records. Additionally, the Registrar's Office determines graduation candidates and issues diplomas. Working with Institutional Research and Academic Services, the Registrar's Office strives to offer student-centered resources and solutions that align with College academic policies and procedures.
- during term: M–F, 9:00AM–5:00PM
- summer/fwt: M–F 8:30AM–4:00PM
- Barn 123
Jaime directs operations related to registration, records and the academic calendar. She is responsible for ensuring the protection of student records as well as upholding and implementing academic policy at the college. Partnering with Institutional Research, she monitors and reports on student enrollment throughout the year.
See Carly for information about individual and group tutorials, reserving rooms, letter grade requests, cross-enrollment, and degree verifications through the National Student Clearinghouse. Through the College's WordPress sites, Carly edits and publishes the yearly curricula, working closely with faculty.
Student Forms and Resources
- Official Transcripts: We have temporarily suspended paper transcript services as we are working remotely due to COVID-19. Students should request electronic transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse. We are covering any costs associated with this service so transcripts are available to students for free during this time period. Please allow 7 business days for processing.
- Adding or Dropping a Course: Starting Monday, March 16, faculty will be managing their own rosters for 2nd 7 week courses and modules. Please email them and copy your advisor to request to add or drop a course.
- Request to Withdraw from a Course: Discuss this decision with your advisor, then complete the request form. The faculty member and your advisor will automatically be emailed when you submit your request. If your advisor approves, the Registrar will update your Populi record.
- Contact Information Update Form: Use this form if you need to make changes to your parent/guardian, emergency, or missing person contact information. You may also use this form to notify us of a forwarding address over FWT/Summer.
- Course Enrollment Page: Visit this site during the registration and add/drop periods to see the number of seats remaining in classes.
- Course Schedule Worksheet
- Credit Waiver Form
- Enrollment Verification Form: Use this form form to request a letter verifying your enrollment, academic standing, graduation date, or other program information. By signing in with your Bennington.edu email, you authorize the Registrar's office to send your information.
- FERPA Policy
- FERPA Release Form: Under FERPA, Bennington College is permitted to disclose information from your records to both of your parents if one or both of your parents claim you as a dependent for U.S. federal income tax purposes. Please complete the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Section on this form if one or both of your parents claim you as a tax dependent.
- Intent to Graduate Form: Completing the Intent to Graduate form allows the Dean's office to order your diploma to your specifications and project attendance at the Commencement event.
- Letter Grade Request Form
- Name and/or Pronoun Update Form: Use this form to update your first name (if different from your legal name) or the pronoun you use. For legal name changes, please come in-person to the Registrar's Office with official documentation (driver's license, passport, court order, etc.)
- Replacement Diploma Request Form
- Transfer Credit Application
- Transfer Credit Policy
- CCV Cross-Enrollment Application
- Williams College Cross-Enrollment Application
- CCV/Williams College Cross-Enrollment Procedure
Faculty Forms and Resources
- Populi Login
- Academic Concern Form
- Course Entry in WordPress Instructions
- Course Enrollment Page
Buildings, Rooms, Calendars, and Space Request Form
Use the links below to navigate to the specific building page - each page contains a room photo, room capacity, amenities, room calendar, and a link to the space request form.
Note: Meetings will be scheduled after the classroom assignments are finalized, approximately one-two weeks prior to the beginning of the term.
Students: Please read the space request policy before requesting spaces on campus.
To request a space:
- Navigate to the appropriate page as outlined above.
- Fill out the space request form. Be as specific as possible so that we can do our best to accommodate you.
- Check your bennington.edu e-mail for a confirmation of your request (confirmation will come in the form of a calendar invite).
- If there are any issues with your request, we will be in contact with you at your bennington.edu e-mail account.
- Requests will only be accepted from bennington.edu e-mail addresses.
- If you need more than one space, fill out a separate request form for each space.
- Don't see your space listed? In some cases, other departments are responsible for scheduling spaces. Fill out the space request form, and we will forward your request to the appropriate department.
- Any questions contact Carly Rudzinski at email@example.com or 802-440-4405.