New Staff Orientation
Welcome to Bennington College!
We are excited to have you join our campus community and look forward to guiding you as you acclimate to Bennington. To help you get off to a good start, you will find links to key resources and information below. Please take time to review this important information in advance of your first day of employment.
During your first days at Bennington, you will be attending new hire orientation. This session will introduce you to all things Bennington and provide you with information on policies and procedures. You will have a chance to ask questions and meet other new colleagues. New hire orientation meeting details are generally provided in advance, but if you have not received this information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is central to the College's commitment to developing a comprehensive infrastructure for the advancement of inclusion, equity, and pluralism at Bennington. Keep an eye out for discussions, trainings, and other events pertinent to diversity, equity, and inclusion offered by the College.
For information on how Bennington College is addressing the pandemic, please visit our webpage on COVID-19. We encourage you to carefully review the information noted for staff and faculty.
Your First Days
- Learn more about benefits and perks of being part of the Bennington College community.
- Be on the lookout for an email from ADP (the email address will be: SecurityServices_NoReply@adp.com) with instructions on how to register. ADP is the College’s integrated human resources, payroll, benefits and time/attendance tracking system. ADP allows employees to view their personal and employment information including pay and benefits. Please be sure to log into ADP and update your personal information including your contact information, emergency contact, work location and office phone extension
- If you are eligible for benefits, please be sure to complete the enrollment process in ADP.Details and instructions will be shared via email as well as during your benefits orientation.
- Get connected. Reach out to Information Technology if you have questions regarding technology services. We encourage you to review the Faculty and Staff Guide to Technology.
- Contact Campus Safety (802.442.5401) or stop by their office (red building adjacent to Visitor Parking) to obtain a parking pass and/or to register your vehicle.
We invite you to engage in all ways possible—with your colleagues and the broader campus. Engagement—it’s what we do best and it is a cornerstone of our Bennington College culture.
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community. Please let us know how we can assist you with navigating through your first days and months at Bennington. Please reach out to us at Human Resources.
On behalf of our campus community—welcome.
Employees in need of a workplace accommodation may contact Human Resources for assistance.
As part of our commitment to supporting the needs of dual-career couples, your spouse/partner can access the Plus One Network. By registering, your spouse/partner will have access to job postings at colleges, universities, and independent schools in New England and New York as well as networking events, workshops, and speakers; relocation tools; and opportunities to connect with other dual-career couples. Learn more.
We invite you and your spouse/partner to explore the Plus One Network today at no cost to you. We trust it will open up opportunities.