Checklist for Spring Term
Your journey to Bennington continues here! We want to start to get to know you—your academic interests, your living preferences, who we should contact in case of emergency, and so on. Use the checklist below as your guide for what to do when.
At Bennington, email is our primary mode of communication. Students typically check and respond to email twice a day. Bring good habits to Bennington by checking your email frequently. It’s how we will contact you if we have questions about your course preferences or roommate information and housing assignment, and how we will send you information on accessing student employment opportunities on campus.
Forms Deadlines and Important Dates
- Check your Bennington account for an email about scheduling an appointment with an Academic Services staff member
- Payment due | Single-payment plan
- First payment due | Two-payment plan
- Transportation Reservation | Due (if applicable)
- Card ID image upload due
- Review and order course materials and texts in Populi—just click on the name of the course in your schedule and the "Info" tab. Students are encouraged to order all required texts from a vendor of their choosing before the term begins. Most course supplies and kits are available in the Campus Bookstore.
- Proof of Health Insurance due (required) | All Bennington College students are required to have health insurance and to provide policy information to the College. International students will receive separate information about a required health insurance plan.
- Health Forms due (required)
- First-Year Credit Transfer Form due (if applicable)
- Students who have been awarded work allotments for the Spring 2024 term (domestic students granted Federal Work Study and international students who have work as part of their financial aid package) will be contacted directly regarding work. Students who wish to work on campus this term please email email@example.com directly. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org (802-440-4321) with any questions.
- Get Inclusive's Voices of Change Online Learning Modules | As part of Bennington's comprehensive wellness program, we require incoming students to complete three online courses by February 16. Login information will be sent to incoming students in mid-January.
- New students arrive | 8:30 am-10:00 am
- New student orientation - schedule to follow | 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Classes begin at 8:30 am.
- Final payment due—student billing