Skip to main content
- A completed Common Application.
- Teacher recommendations from teachers of at least two different subject areas. Choose from English, mathematics, foreign languages, science, and social studies. You may submit additional recommendations from other teachers, mentors, and employers. Use the form provided by the Common Application.
- School report, including secondary school counselor evaluation, as well as all school transcripts. Use the form provided by the Common Application.
We encourage, but do not require
- An interview. These one-on-one conversations with an admissions counselor, student intern, or alumni volunteer allow us time to get to know you, to hear about your goals and interests, and to learn about the questions that drive you and your work. Likewise, these discussions are a good opportunity for you to ask us about Bennington. Schedule time with us while you’re visiting campus, while we’re visiting your high school or local college fair, or arrange time to talk with us by phone. Schedule an off-campus interview or plan a visit to campus.
- Supplementary materials. When we receive your Common Application, we will email you instructions for accessing your personal application status page, which you can use to upload supplemental materials.
- Test scores, such as the SAT or ACT.
Bennington's Application Codes
- SAT code: 3080
- ACT code: 4296
- GRE code: 3080
- Common Application code: 3080
- CSS/Profile code: 3080
- TOEFL code: 3080
- FAFSA code: 003682