Bennington College coordinates shuttles to/from Albany and works closely with the Green Mountain Express to provide transportation for students into Bennington and surrounding towns including Manchester, Williamstown, and Brattleboro.
Paran Creek - North Bennington Loop
This shuttle is for students living in Paran Creek, off campus in North Bennington, Welling Town House, Longmeadow, and Shingle. This route has designated stops and times with four complete loops per day Monday-Friday.
Local Van Service
At times when the Green Mountain Express does not run, the College offers a local shuttle service into Bennington and North Bennington.
- Monday-Wednesday: 11:00 am-11:00 pm
- Thursday-Saturday: 11:00 am-2:00 am
- Sunday: 9:00 am-9:00 pm
Bennington College offers every-other weekend van service to Williamstown starting Saturday, September 15. A minimum of two students are needed for the van to make the trip. The van leaves from the campus flagpole. When you're ready to be picked up from Williamstown, call Campus Safety (x0; from off campus 802‐447‐4250).
Paran Creek/North Bennington Shuttle Route
BC Flag pole Paran Creek Train Station BC Flag Pole
7:20 am 7:30 am 7:40 am 7:50 am
12:05 pm 12:15 pm 12:25 pm 12:35 pm
12:40 pm 12:50 pm 1:00 pm 1:10 pm
1:20 pm 1:30 pm 1:40 pm 1:50 pm
4:10 pm 4:20 pm 4:30 pm 4:40 pm
6:20 pm 6:30 pm 6:40 pm 6:50 pm
Bennington College/Albany Shuttles
The Vermont Shires Connector bus from Bennington to Albany-Rensselaer, connecting with the Amtrack train service to NYC, stops curbside at the Bennington Station restaurant parking lot at 199 River St. Tickets can be purchased on the Amtrak website or phone line, or with cash payment (for the bus journey only) to the bus driver. Campus Safety can provide rides to and from this bus stop, however, please be sure to provide 24 hours advanced notification to Campus Safety via email to schedule this service.
Reservations are due by Monday, February 11 at 4:00 pm. Cancellations received after February 11 are nonrefundable. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
Long Weekend Shuttle
Reservations are due by Friday, October 11 at 5:00 pm. Cancellations received after October 11 are nonrefundable. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
Reservations are due by Wednesday, November 14 at 5:00 pm. Cancellations received after November 14 are nonrefundable. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
Reservations are due by Wednesday, December 5 at 5:00 pm. Cancellations received after December 5 are nonrefundable. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
Make Your Reservation
How to Reserve a Seat
- Look at the shuttle schedules listed above. On the schedule you will find a link to the online reservation form.
- Reserve in person at the Office of Student Life (Barn 113)
- Email the Office of Student Life
- Cellphone number
- Number of bags
- Method of payment
- Flight/train/bus number
- Arrival/departure time
Important Shuttle Information
- If you are delayed for any reason, inform the shuttle driver, Campus Safety, or GMX of any changes to your itinerary immediately to avoid delaying other riders.
- Passengers are responsible for the shuttle fee for all reservations not canceled prior to the deadline.
The $35.00 fee can be paid by cash, check, or Bennington Card declining balance. If you have more than two bags, there will be a $10.00 fee for each extra bag. Reservations made after deadlines will be subject to a $10.00 late fee. Please note: If you ride without a reservation, the fare will increase to $60.00.
The $35.00 fee is nonrefundable after the shuttle deadline unless otherwise specified by the Office of Student Life.
Important Contact Information
- Office of Student Life | 802-440-4330 (x4330 from campus)
- Campus Safety | 802-447-4250 (x0 from campus)
- GMX | 802-447-0909 (dial "1" to reach after-hours emergency voicemail)
Delays and Cancellations
Arrival times are subject to change due to unforeseen delays (weather, traffic, etc.), and passengers should be sure to factor such possibilities into their travel plans. Bennington College is not responsible for missed trains, buses, or planes due to shuttle delays.
Please note: The driver is only able to wait for late arrivals for up to 15 minutes past the pickup time before departing. In the event of a shuttle delay or cancellation due to inclement weather, passengers will be notified at the number provided with your reservation two hours prior to the scheduled pickup.
Missing the Shuttle
If your plans change on the day of travel, as soon as you become aware of a change or delay you must contact Campus Safety or Green Mountain Express (according to your confirmation email). If your call is not immediately answered, be certain to leave a callback number, along with your name and a brief message explaining your situation, and to leave your phone turned on to receive the callback. Your message will be returned within 20 minutes, and any pertinent information will be relayed to the driver. This ensures that the shuttle does not wait unnecessarily, and allows you to see what other arrangements can be made.
Additional fees resulting from schedule changes are the responsibility of the passenger.
Alternative Transportation Options
If the shuttle service does not work with your travel itinerary, there are several other options for getting to Albany including buses, taxis, and rideshares.
- Vermont TransLines (Albany/Bennington/Burlington) | Departs from downtown Bennington at the Pleasant Street bus station daily at 11:30 am (arrives Albany 12:30 pm); daily at 3:30 pm (arrives Burlington 7:30 pm). Approximate cost: $7.50
- Vermont Shires: bus from Bennington to Albany-Rensselaer, connecting with the Amtrak train service to NYC, stops curbside at the Bennington Station restaurant parking lot at 199 River St. Tickets can be purchased on the Amtrak website or phone line, or with cash payment (for the bus journey only) to the bus driver.
- Yankee Trails Bus (Bennington to Albany), 800-822-2400 | Departs twice daily on weekdays from downtown Bennington, at the intersection of School and Main Streets, Monday–Friday at 11:05 am (arrives Albany 12:50 pm) and 7:25 pm (arrives Albany 9:05 pm). Approximate cost: $4.00
- KT Transportation, 518-728-5030. Approximate cost $70.00 for up to two passengers (now accepting credit and debit cards)
- AJ Transportation, 802-442-7129. Approximate cost $95.00 (includes gratuity)
- Global Link Travel, 802-442-8400. (Now accepting credit and debit cards)
- Upstate Green Cab, 518-956-0332. Approximate cost $70.00; $10.00 for an additional passenger
- Yellow Cab, 518-434-2222. Approximate cost $100.00
Transportation for Clubs/Orgs and Community Engagement
If you are a member of a student club/org or would like to arrange a trip for community engagement contact Student Life for assistance. Club/Org budgets can be used to cover the cost of transportation and Student Life can sponsor a community engagement trip.
Please contact the Office of Student Life (x4330; from off campus 802‐440-4330).