Paran Creek to North Bennington Loop
This Bennington College shuttle is for students living in Paran Creek, off campus in North Bennington and Welling Town House. This route has designated stops and times with 16 complete loops per day Monday-Friday. Paran Creek shuttle will have amended hours that are primarily focused on the academic schedule.
Shuttle Hours of Operation
Monday 8:00-11:00 am; 4:00-7:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00-11:00 am; 6:00-8:30 pm
Wednesday 8:00-9:00 am; 3:30-5:00 pm; 5:00-7:00 pm; 7:00-9:00 pm
Thursday 8:00-11:00 am (starting 9/29); 5:30-9:30 pm
Health and Safety
For health and safety best practices, everyone needs to wear a mask for the entire duration of the trip. Please plan accordingly. We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
Local Van Service
Bennington College vehicles will be operating (Drop off/Pick up) concurrently beginning Thursday, September 2, 2021. Schedule subject to change due to Plan days, Long Weekend, Holidays, and the End of Term.
This schedule is weather dependent. It may also be canceled if a driver calls in sick. More times may be added as additional drivers are hired.
Sunday 12:00-4:00 pm
Monday 11:00 am-4:00 pm
Tuesday 11:00 am-6:00 pm
Wednesday 12:00-4:00 pm
Medical Shuttle 9:00 am-3:00 pm (to pick up prescriptions or for transport to medical appointments)
Thursday 4:00-10:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm, 4:30-10:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am-6:00 pm, 7:00-9:00 pm
Please call 802-430-8506 for pick up from a location listed below.
- Hannafords/Hampton Inn
- Walmart / Price Chopper parking lot
- Aldi, CVS, parking lot
- Beverage Den
- Blue Benn Diner
- Home Depot/ Dollar Tree parking lot
- TD Bank
Bennington College/Albany Shuttles
Long Weekend Shuttle
Reservations are due by Monday, October 10, 2022 at 10:00 am. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
Thanksgiving Break Shuttle
Reservations are due by Thursday, November 10 at 10:00 am. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
Reservations are due by Tuesday, November 29 at 10:00 am. Please check the schedule before completing your reservation.
Spring Beginning of Term Shuttle
Reservations are due by Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 10:00 am. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
Make Your Reservation
How to Reserve a Seat
- Look at the shuttle schedules listed above. On the schedule you will find a link to the online reservation form.
- Email the Office of Student Life if you have any questions.
- Cellphone or WhatsApp number
- Number of bags
- Method of payment: cash or Bennington Card, pay in the Student Life Office
- Flight/train/bus number
- Arrival/departure time
Important Shuttle Information
- If you are delayed for any reason, inform the shuttle driver, Campus Safety 802-447-4250 of any changes to your itinerary immediately to avoid delaying other riders.
- Passengers are responsible for the shuttle fee for all reservations not canceled prior to the deadline.
The $35.00 fee can be paid for in the Office of Student Life with cash, check, Bennington Card or via the Bookstore (select “Shuttle Service One Way or Round Trip.'')
The $35.00 fee is nonrefundable after the shuttle deadline unless otherwise specified by the Office of Student Life.
Important Contact Information
- Office of Student Life | 802-440-4330 (x4330 from campus) Mondays-Fridays 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Campus Safety | 802-447-4250 (x0 from campus) 24/7
- Green Mountain Express (GMX) at the 24-hour service number, 802-447-0477.
Delays and Cancellations
Arrival times are subject to change due to unforeseen delays (weather, traffic, etc.), and passengers should be sure to factor such possibilities into their travel plans. Bennington College is not responsible for missed trains, buses, or planes due to shuttle delays.
Please note: The driver is only able to wait for late arrivals for up to 15 minutes past the pickup time before departing. In the event of a shuttle delay or cancellation due to inclement weather, passengers will be notified at the number provided with your reservation two hours prior to the scheduled pickup.
Missing the Shuttle
If your plans change on the day of travel, as soon as you become aware of a change or delay you must contact GMX (according to your confirmation email). This ensures that the shuttle does not wait unnecessarily, and allows you to see what other arrangements can be made.
Additional fees resulting from schedule changes are the responsibility of the passenger.
Alternative Transportation Options
If the shuttle service does not work with your travel itinerary, there are several other options for getting to Albany including buses, taxis, and rideshares. Please check with each transportation company about their Covid-19 travel policies.
- KT Transportation, 518-728-5030. Approximate cost $70.00 for up to two passengers (now accepting credit and debit cards)
- AJ Transportation, 802-442-7129. Approximate cost $95.00 (includes gratuity)
- Global Link Travel, 802-442-8400. (Now accepting credit and debit cards)
- Upstate Green Cab, 518-956-0332. Approximate cost $70.00; $10.00 for an additional passenger
Please contact the Office of Student Life (x4330; from off campus 802‐440-4330).