Paran Creek to North Bennington Loop
This Bennington College shuttle is for students living in Paran Creek, off campus in North Bennington and Welling Town House. This route has designated stops and times with 16 complete loops per day Monday-Friday. Paran Creek shuttle will have amended hours that are primarily focused on the academic schedule.
Shuttle Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 7:30-11:30 am and 1:30-5:30 pm
Health and Safety
For health and safety best practices everyone needs to wear a mask for the entire duration of the trip. Please plan accordingly. We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
Local Van Service
Two Bennington College vehicles operating (Drop off/Pick up) concurrently. Beginning Thursday, September 2, 2021. Schedule subject to change due to Plan days, Long Weekend, Holidays, and the End of Term.
- Sundays 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Mondays 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Tuesdays 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Wednesdays No Shuttle Service (except on Plan Days)
- Thursdays 10:00 am-12:00 am
- Fridays 10:00 am-12:00 am
- Saturdays 10:00 am-12:00 am
One vehicle will be dedicated to dropping off riders at the following locations on a constant loop during the times and days noted below. A second vehicle, operating at the same time as drop offs, will take calls, like before, for PICK UP REQUESTS ONLY from the same drop off locations noted below.
- Hannaford's/Hampton Inn
- Walmart / Price Chopper parking lot
- Aldi, CVS, parking lot
- Beverage Den
- Home Depot/ Dollar Tree parking lot
- The bus station on Main Street by requests received via email with prior notice to Campus Safety.
Bennington College/Albany Shuttles
Reservations are due by Monday, November 29 at 5:00 pm. Cancellations received after November 29 are nonrefundable. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
Due to Covid transportation protocols a very limited number of rides will be available. Once our capacity is filled we cannot provide any further rides. Please be sure you reserve as soon as possible.
*Schedule subject to change.
Reservations are due by Friday, August 20 at 4:00 pm. Cancellations received after August 20 are nonrefundable. Due to COVID-19, and the institution's commitment to the health and safety of the entire community, the following safety precautions are currently in place: the shuttle is limited to two passengers at a time, all passengers and the driver must wear masks during the entire trip, and vans will have sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer available. We will have multiple vans running if needed to pick up multiple groups of students. Therefore wait time at the Albany Bus, Train or Airport may be longer than usual.
Once you have your travel confirmed please make a reservation. A travel confirmation will be sent to you with your travel details.
Regulations regarding travel over Thanksgiving break will be based on Vermont Department of Health's recommendations - TBD. Reservations are due by Wednesday, November 17 at 5:00 pm. Cancellations received after November 17 are nonrefundable. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
Make Your Reservation
How to Reserve a Seat
- Look at the shuttle schedules listed above. On the schedule you will find a link to the online reservation form.
- Email the Office of Student Life if you have any questions.
- Cellphone or WhatsApp number
- Number of bags
- Method of payment: cash or Bennington Card, pay in the Student Life Office
- Flight/train/bus number
- Arrival/departure time
Important Shuttle Information
- If you are delayed for any reason, inform the shuttle driver, Campus Safety 802.447.4250 of any changes to your itinerary immediately to avoid delaying other riders.
- Passengers are responsible for the shuttle fee for all reservations not canceled prior to the deadline.
The $35.00 fee can be paid for in the Office of Student Life with cash or your Bennington Card. If you have more than two bags, there will be a $10.00 fee for each extra bag. Reservations made after deadlines will be subject to a $10.00 late fee. Please note: If you ride without a reservation, the fare will increase to $60.00.
The $35.00 fee is nonrefundable after the shuttle deadline unless otherwise specified by the Office of Student Life.
Important Contact Information
- Office of Student Life | 802-440-4330 (x4330 from campus) Mondays - Fridays 9 am - 5 pm
- Campus Safety | 802-447-4250 (x0 from campus) 24/7
Delays and Cancellations
Arrival times are subject to change due to unforeseen delays (weather, traffic, etc.), and passengers should be sure to factor such possibilities into their travel plans. Bennington College is not responsible for missed trains, buses, or planes due to shuttle delays.
Please note: The driver is only able to wait for late arrivals for up to 15 minutes past the pickup time before departing. In the event of a shuttle delay or cancellation due to inclement weather, passengers will be notified at the number provided with your reservation two hours prior to the scheduled pickup.
Missing the Shuttle
If your plans change on the day of travel, as soon as you become aware of a change or delay you must contact Campus Safety (according to your confirmation email). This ensures that the shuttle does not wait unnecessarily, and allows you to see what other arrangements can be made.
Additional fees resulting from schedule changes are the responsibility of the passenger.
Alternative Transportation Options
If the shuttle service does not work with your travel itinerary, there are several other options for getting to Albany including buses, taxis, and rideshares. Please check with each transportation company about their Covid-19 travel policies.
- KT Transportation, 518-728-5030. Approximate cost $70.00 for up to two passengers (now accepting credit and debit cards)
- AJ Transportation, 802-442-7129. Approximate cost $95.00 (includes gratuity)
- Global Link Travel, 802-442-8400. (Now accepting credit and debit cards)
- Upstate Green Cab, 518-956-0332. Approximate cost $70.00; $10.00 for an additional passenger
- Equinox Transportation Agency, 802-430-9920. 20% discount to students with Bennington College I.D.
Please contact the Office of Student Life (x4330; from off campus 802‐440-4330).