Paran Creek to North Bennington Loop
This Bennington College shuttle is for students living in Paran Creek, off campus in North Bennington and Welling Town House. This route has designated stops and times with 16 complete loops per day Monday-Friday. Paran Creek shuttle will have amended hours that are primarily focused on the academic schedule.
Shuttle Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 7:30-11:30 am and 1:30-5:30 pm
Health and Safety
For health and safety best practices ridership will be limited to two passengers at a time and everyone wearing a mask for the entire duration of the trip. Please plan accordingly and understand that these important safety steps may incur longer wait times for riders. We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
Local Van Service
Two Bennington College vehicles operating (Drop off/Pick up) concurrently.
- Sunday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Tuesday 10:00 am-7:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am-7:00 pm
- Saturday 11:00 am-7:00 pm
One vehicle will be dedicated to dropping off riders at the following locations on a constant loop during the times and days noted below.
A second vehicle, operating at the same time as drop offs, will take calls, like before, for PICK UP REQUESTS ONLY from the same drop off locations noted below.
- Walmart / Price Chopper parking lot
- Aldi, CVS, parking lot
- Smoker's Den, Blue Ben/ Roasted Bean parking lot
- TD Bank/ Bus Station parking lot
- Home Depot/ Dollar Tree parking lot
Health and Safety
For health and safety best practices ridership will be limited to two passengers at a time and everyone wearing a mask for the entire duration of the trip. Please plan accordingly and understand that these important safety steps may incur longer wait times for riders. We appreciate your patience and support during this time
Bennington College/Albany Shuttles
The bus from Bennington to Albany-Rensselaer, connecting with the Amtrak train service to NYC, stops curbside at 215 Pleasant Street and at the Hampton Inn. Tickets can be purchased on the Amtrak website or phone line, or with cash payment (for the bus journey only) to the bus driver. Campus Safety can provide rides to and from this bus stop, however, please be sure to provide 24 hours advanced notification to Campus Safety via email to schedule this service.
PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR THEIR COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
Reservations are due by Friday, August 14 at 4:00 pm. Cancellations received after August 14 are nonrefundable. Due to COVID-19, and the institution's commitment to the health and safety of the entire community, the following safety precautions are currently in place: the shuttle is limited to two passengers at a time. We will have multiple vans running if needed to pick up multiple groups of students. Therefore wait time at the Albany Bus, Train or Airport may be longer than usual. All passengers and the driver must wear masks during the entire trip. Vans will have sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer available.
If you are traveling from a high prevalence area you will need to arrive on campus between Wednesday, August 19 and Friday, August 21. Once you have your travel confirmed please make a reservation. A travel confirmation will be sent to you with your travel details.
Students who depart campus for Thanksgiving Break are unable to return to campus until the start of Spring term. Reservations are due by Friday, November 20 at 5:00 pm. Cancellations received after November 20 are nonrefundable. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation.
SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Reservations are due by Friday, December 4 at 5:00 pm. Cancellations received after December 4 are nonrefundable. Please check the schedule below before completing a reservation. SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Make Your Reservation
How to Reserve a Seat
- Look at the shuttle schedules listed above. On the schedule you will find a link to the online reservation form.
- Email the Office of Student Life
- Cellphone number
- Number of bags
- Method of payment
- Flight/train/bus number
- Arrival/departure time
Important Shuttle Information
- If you are delayed for any reason, inform the shuttle driver, Campus Safety of any changes to your itinerary immediately to avoid delaying other riders.
- Passengers are responsible for the shuttle fee for all reservations not canceled prior to the deadline.
The $35.00 fee will be added to your student bill. If you have more than two bags, there will be a $10.00 fee for each extra bag. Reservations made after deadlines will be subject to a $10.00 late fee. Please note: If you ride without a reservation, the fare will increase to $60.00.
The $35.00 fee is nonrefundable after the shuttle deadline unless otherwise specified by the Office of Student Life.
Important Contact Information
- Office of Student Life | 802-440-4330 (x4330 from campus)
- Campus Safety | 802-447-4250 (x0 from campus)
Delays and Cancellations
Arrival times are subject to change due to unforeseen delays (weather, traffic, etc.), and passengers should be sure to factor such possibilities into their travel plans. Bennington College is not responsible for missed trains, buses, or planes due to shuttle delays.
Please note: The driver is only able to wait for late arrivals for up to 15 minutes past the pickup time before departing. In the event of a shuttle delay or cancellation due to inclement weather, passengers will be notified at the number provided with your reservation two hours prior to the scheduled pickup.
Missing the Shuttle
If your plans change on the day of travel, as soon as you become aware of a change or delay you must contact Campus Safety (according to your confirmation email). This ensures that the shuttle does not wait unnecessarily, and allows you to see what other arrangements can be made.
Additional fees resulting from schedule changes are the responsibility of the passenger.
Alternative Transportation Options
If the shuttle service does not work with your travel itinerary, there are several other options for getting to Albany including buses, taxis, and rideshares. Please check with each transportation company about their Covid-19 travel policies.
- Vermont TransLines (Albany/Bennington/Burlington): Departs from downtown Bennington/Pleasant Street bus station daily at 11:30 am (arrives Albany 12:30 pm); daily at 3:35 pm (arrives Burlington, VT 7:25 pm). Approximate cost $7.50.
- Vermont Shires from Manchester, Bennington to Albany-Rensselaer, connecting with the Amtrak train service to NYC. Please review the schedules provided on their website. Tickets can be purchased on the Amtrak website or with cash to the bus driver. Campus Safety can provide rides to and from this bus stop, however, please be sure to provide 24 hours advanced notification to Campus Safety via email to schedule this service.
- Yankee Trails Bus (Bennington to Albany), 800-822-2400: Departs twice daily on weekdays from downtown Bennington at the intersection of School and Main Streets. Monday-Friday, 11:05 am (arrives Albany 12:50 pm) and 7:25 pm (arrives Albany 9:05 pm). Approximate cost is $4.00.
- KT Transportation, 518-728-5030. Approximate cost $70.00 for up to two passengers (now accepting credit and debit cards)
- AJ Transportation, 802-442-7129. Approximate cost $95.00 (includes gratuity)
- Global Link Travel, 802-442-8400. (Now accepting credit and debit cards)
- Upstate Green Cab, 518-956-0332. Approximate cost $70.00; $10.00 for an additional passenger
- Equinox Transportation Agency, 802-430-9920. 20% discount to students with Bennington College I.D.
Please contact the Office of Student Life (x4330; from off campus 802‐440-4330).