The Bennington Card is the official identification card of Bennington College. It is issued to all members of the College community and is required for identification, access to meals, printing, residential houses, and other essential campus services. It also offers a convenient prepaid spending account for making cashless purchases around campus. The spending account enables parents and students to add funds online to the Bennington Card for purchases with no added costs. Account balances roll over from term-to-term and year-to-year and can be refunded when a student leaves the College.
Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Card
If your Bennington Card is lost or stolen, your account can be immediately suspended and any balances automatically transferred to your replacement card by going to access your account. To have a replacement card printed go the Help Desk in the SCOPE forum on the third floor of Commons. It is recommended, but not required, to contact the Help Desk to make an appointment to replace your card. New ID photos can be emailed to Help Desk or photos can be taken in the SCOPE forum on the third floor of Commons.
If a student loses their Bennington Card when the Information Technology is closed, they should go to Campus Safety, where they will be issued a temporary Bennington Card that will allow them to access their houses. Temporary cards need to be returned to Campus Safety and expire within three business days. Your temporary card will not work for meal plans—it is designed for house access only.
Access Campus Services
- Meal plans: Swipe the card to access your meal plan at the Dining Hall and Roz’s Cafe .
- Crossett Library: Your card is required to check out materials at Crossett Library.
- Meyer Recreation Barn: Your card is required to access to fitness equipment and classes.
- Residential Houses: Your card is required to access residential houses.
- Campus Printers: Your card is required to print to printers located around campus.
Make Cashless Purchases at Participating Locations
- Dining Hall: located in Commons
- Bookstore: located in Commons
- Business Office: pay Campus Safety fees and tickets; located in the Barn
- Student Health Center: pay for appointments, services, and medications
- Meyer Recreation Barn: for fee-based classes and to borrow recreation equipment
- Student Life: reserve and pay for a seat on shuttles student trips, services, and activities offered throughout the term; located in Barn
Access your account (register, add funds, deactivate a lost or stolen card)
There are no costs to add value to or use the Bennington Card account. Account balances on your card roll over from term to term and year to year, and can be refunded when you leave the College. If your Bennington Card is lost or stolen, your account can be immediately suspended and any balances are automatically transferred to your replacement card. You have 24/7 access to a secure online account center to add value, review transactions, and more.
To add funds to your declining balance or to create an online account:
- Go to bennington.campuscardcenter.com and click “Quick Add Value”. Enter your five-digit student ID number and last name.
- If you prefer to add funds by check, send a check made payable to Bennington College (address below). Please write “Bennington Card” and your five-digit Student ID number in the memo line.
One College Drive
Bennington, VT 05201
- An online account can also be created. Students can give their family their own login so that credit cards can be kept on file for a convenient way to add value.
Alumni can request a Bennington Card to have borrowing privileges at Crossett Library and to gain access to the Meyer Recreation Barn. There is a one-time $25 fee for Meyer Recreation Barn use (cash or check). To have a Bennington Alumni ID card made, please email Alumni Relations.
To request a refund of the cash value on your card, complete a refund request form and submit it to the Bookstore. If you are not on campus, you can email the Bookstore to request a refund. Please include your full mailing address for where your refund check should be sent.
Terms and Conditions
Contact a Bennington Card Service Center representative at 877-505-3007.