The Bennington Card is the official identification card of Bennington College. Issued to all members of the College community, it is required for identification, access to essential campus services and residential houses, and offers a convenient prepaid spending account for making cashless purchases on campus and at some off-campus locations. To access your account or add funds, go to the cardholder account center.
Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Card
If your Bennington Card is lost or stolen, your account can be immediately suspended and any balances automatically transferred to your replacement card, which costs $15. To request a replacement card, contact the Help Desk.
Students needing access to their houses while waiting for a replacement card may go to Campus Safety, where they will be issued a temporary Bennington Card. Temporary cards will not work for meal plans and must be returned to Campus Safety on the next business day.
Access Campus Services
Your Bennington ID is required to access:
- Dining Hall
- Crossett Library
- Meyer Recreation Barn
- Residential Houses
Using others’ Bennington Card without their permission is a violation of the Community Standards.
Make Cashless Purchases at Participating Locations
- Roz’s Cafe
- Student Health Center: for services, laboratory testing, and medications
- Meyer Recreation Barn: for fee-based classes and for recreation equipment
- Student Life: for shuttle services to Albany airport, train station, and activities offered throughout the term; located in Barn
- CVS/Pharmacy Store, Bennington
- Pangaea/The Roasted Bean, North Bennington
Add Funds and Check Balances
Access your account (register, add funds, deactivate a lost or stolen card)
There are no costs to add value to or use the Bennington Card account. Account balances on your card roll over from term to term and year to year, and can be refunded when you leave the College. If your Bennington Card is lost or stolen, your account can be immediately suspended and any balances are automatically transferred to your replacement card. You have 24/7 access to a secure online account center to add value, review transactions, and more.
To add funds to your declining balance or to create an online account:
- Go to bennington.campuscardcenter.com and click “Quick Add Value”. Enter your five-digit student ID number and last name.
- If you prefer to add funds by check, send a check made payable to Bennington College (address below). Please write “Bennington Card” and your five-digit Student ID number in the memo line.
One College Drive
Bennington, VT 05201
- An online account can also be created. Students can give their family their own login so that credit cards can be kept on file for a convenient way to add value.
Alumni can request a Bennington Card to have borrowing privileges at Crossett Library and to gain access to the Meyer Recreation Barn. There is a one-time $25 fee for Meyer Recreation Barn use (cash or check). To have a Bennington Alumni ID card made, please email Alumni Relations.
To request a refund of the cash value on your card, complete a refund request form and submit it to the Bookstore. If you are not on campus, you can contact the Bookstore directly. Be sure to include your mailing address for where your refund check should be sent.