Professional Development and Training
Professional development opportunities are offered to employees throughout the year as a means to enrich individual learning and to help create a stronger and more inclusive workplace. The College provides employees with a range of offerings that are designed to benefit employees across all areas of the College. We welcome your feedback on all aspects of our training programs.
As part of the onboarding process, new hires are expected to successfully complete designated professional development training workshops. During new hire orientation, new employees will be notified about required training programs. On an ongoing basis, employees may be invited and expected to participate in training opportunities as determined by the College.
Diversity and Inclusion Professional Development
We offer a range of professional development opportunities designed to build trust, mutual respect, and a shared vision for Bennington College as an inclusive and antiracist community.
- Inclusive and Culturally Responsive Recruitment and Hiring Practices
Safety training can help to maximize the health, safety, and wellbeing of employees. Through participation in safety training programs, together we can realize a reduction in workplace injuries and change the habits and behaviors that may result in workplace accidents.
An employee’s supervisor will review the safety training offerings to determine applicable training (based on an employee’s role/responsibilities). Employees are required to attend all sessions that are deemed mandatory per VOSHA.
- COVID-19 | State of Vermont Protecting the Health and Safety of Workers COVID 19. Once training has been completed, the employee should confirm attendance here.
- Defensive Driving Course Instructions (DDC) Following successful completion, the employee will receive a certificate of completion.
- Safety Training
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Confined Spaces
- Fire Safety
- Forklift Safety
- Hand and Power Tool Safety
- Hazardous Communications/Right to Know/Safety Data Sheets (HazCom)
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HazWoper)
- Ladder Safety
- Lifting for Material Handlers/Back Injury Prevention
- Lockout Tagout
- Slip, Trip and Fall Prevention