What We Do
Student Health Services staff provides services one would expect at family practices in Vermont, such as “well” visits (check-ups and physicals), evaluation and management of acute and chronic medical problems, coordination of care with home physicians, health counseling, specialist referrals when necessary, some laboratory tests, and prescriptions for medications. The services of Southwestern Vermont Medical Center (SVMC) in Bennington are used as needed for laboratory tests, X-rays, emergency care, and specialist consultation.
- Evaluation and management of acute and chronic medical problems
- Routine physical exams
- Prescribe medication and refill existing prescriptions
- Minor procedures, including sutures
- Lab testing, including STI testing, treatment, and vaccines
- Sexual health
- Transgender health
- Allergy injections
- Coordination of care with home physicians
- Specialist referrals when necessary
- Health Education
Healthcare Providers are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and make referrals for consultation by outside providers when appropriate. During non-term times, information is provided for students needing health care locally.
How to Make an Appointment