Club and Intramural Sports
Bennington’s intramural program sponsors activities such as volleyball, soccer, dodgeball, equestrian, and Ultimate Frisbee. Games are coed and open to athletes of all skill levels. In addition, several club teams compete with other colleges in the area:
- Basketball: Bennington students can join a twice-weekly pick-up basketball team at an indoor court in North Bennington. The games are co-ed, and all skill levels are welcome. The basketball team also occasionally travels to other colleges in Vermont and Massachusetts for intercollegiate games.
- Dodgeball: Bennington's intramural dodgeball league is always a huge success. More than 100 students, faculty, and staff make up a league of 14 teams that compete for prizes, bragging rights, and inevitable glory. Leagues happen each term with our fall season culminating in a Halloween tournament with prizes for best costume.
- Frisbee: Now in its third year, the Ultimate Frisbee team has become a staple on campus. The Bennington "Vermonster" not only host matches against area schools such as UVM, Bentley, and Dartmouth, but they continue to compete in tournaments across New England and the Mid-Atlantic, including USA Ultimate-sanctioned events such as the Northeast Classic and North New England D-III Conferences. Check out their Facebook page.
- Soccer: During the fall months, Bennington's coed soccer team competes against other small colleges and prep schools throughout Vermont and Massachusetts. All levels are welcome and encouraged to join the team. During the winter months, Bennington's soccer team competes in local co-ed and men's leagues in town at the Bennington Sports Center two nights a week.
- Equestrian Team: The Equestrian Team provides opportunities for students to ride regularly at Rhythm Hollow Stables in North Bennington, a short walk from campus, and offers the chance to compete in IHSA riding shows.