Professional Training Option
Field Work Term is intended to get students out of the classroom, exploring interests in a professional setting, and is not intended for additional course-based trainings. However, exceptions may be made for:
- Hands-on experiential training programs resulting in a certification required for a particular professional field (i.e. massage therapy certification, EMT training, yoga teacher training, etc.).
- Apprenticeship programs where a student is working directly with an artist or craftsperson to learn a particular technique, style, approach, etc.
Students wishing to complete a professional training toward primary FWT hours must apply via the FWT Registration Form in Handshake, and provide proof of successful completion by February 22, 2019. If approved, a student may only do a professional training program for one FWT.
The following experiences cannot count toward primary FWT hours:
- Credit and noncredit-bearing courses at other institutions
- Preparatory courses for graduate and professional school programs
- Being tutored in a particular subject (such as language, writing, or other independent instruction)
- Personal enrichment and self-help programs
- Independent art, dance, acting, language, and music classes